• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Identify this vehicle

Boatcarpenter

Saw this for sale beside the road today. Some stuff looks military and some doesn't.
I'm not even sure it is what the data plates say it is.
Any help? Also, should I be able to find a frame # somewhere that would confirm the data plates?
Thanks, I know we have some experts on here.IMG_1141 (Small).JPGIMG_1140 (Small).JPGIMG_1139 (Small).JPGIMG_1138 (Small).JPGIMG_1144 (Small).JPGIMG_1158 (Small).JPGIMG_1143 (Small).JPGIMG_1142 (Small).JPGIMG_1137 (Small).JPGIMG_1136 (Small).JPG

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

Glad you took such wonderful pics. Seriously, most people don't. Looks like a good find. The data plate says it all. Make and model: Willys MB. It it a military Jeep. Civi Jeep would say CJ2a or CJ3a or something.
It looks like an older restoration, or at least paint. Grab it, could be a fun project.

BillF

That thing looks to be more bondo than metal. It does appear to be an mb however. The frame would need a ton of work never mind what is under all the filler in that tub. With that being said if the price it right it might be a good deal.

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

Maybe it was used as a lawn ornament? It looks like it has been sitting for awhile. And outside at that. Do you know what he wants for it? Do you mind sharing, even if you are you interested?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks