• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1948 worth?

Boatnik

Hi, I have not posted here before but I have run into a "deal", maybe. I was offered a 1948 jeep with all the major parts intact and am wondering what it could be worth. I saw it several months ago in a fellows back yard covered in leaves and junk. It appears to have military origin and with a some TLC could run. It already is 12 volt and the paint is OD. It even comes with the frame for the canvas. He says he has the nameplate somewhere. The body is rusty in all the usual places and the interior looks like a barn yard. Anyway you get the idea. It sits outside and is in need of a lot of cleaning and maintenance. He has lowered the price to $500. It is too new for WWII but it most likely saw service during Korea. If it is military. Dry rotty tires included. It will roll onto a trailer. As the title says, judging from what little I know, is it worth fixn'.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That jeepie could be just about anything. Without seeing pics etc., it's hard to say if it's worth 500 bucks or not.
Can you post some pics?
If it's a CJ series I suspect it's worth scrap value, 150-200 bucks unless you just want a CJ...If it's military, it may be worth more for parts.

If it's a restorable military jeep, it may be worth some bucks.

I suspect the owner knows more about it than he lets on. Ask him to find the data plate, take some pics and then ask for opinions/guidance from the folks here.

Just my humble observations.

quickfarms

A lot of MB's were registered using the date of sale and not the manufacturing date. A restored CJ is worth as much as a military jeep you just have to sell it to the CJ collectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks