• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M105A2 bows....or how to make them

INTREPER

Well, I guess I finally have to pay for a stupid mistake of mine. I forgot to chock my M105A2 trailer one night, gusty CA winds came along, and the trailer was found in the canyon near my driveway the next morning.

But the good news is, that i'm an even bigger fan of this trailer now! It tumbled down at least 400 feet, broke a few of the bows, tore the tarp, and bent the retractable landing wheel. The bed, frame, exle, wheels are still in tact. What an awesome piece of equipment. So now time to rebuild her.

Im hoping that i can bend back the piece that holds the wheel in. Looks do-able. The top can be replaced, but I haven't the slightest clue on what to do with the bows. Anyone know where I can get a set, or how to make my own?

Thanks in advance guys. Great site to be on :wink:
I'll post pics later tonight of what the trailer looked like before my moment of stupidity :oops:

dabtl

The bows, wooden part are simple to cut and install. The metal parts are harder to find. I found mine on eBay. They do not come up often. About $150 for a set.

INTREPER

Re: RE: Looking for M105A2 bows....or how to make them

builder77 said:
Please say you have pics of this!
I dont have any of the aftermath. Not yet at least. If its not raining tommorow, i'll throw some up of its current state.

INTREPER

Re: RE: Looking for M105A2 bows....or how to make them

dabtl said:
The bows, wooden part are simple to cut and install. The metal parts are harder to find. I found mine on eBay. They do not come up often. About $150 for a set.
Would it be hard to bend the old ones back???

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
WOW!!!

Where did you get that canvas cover? That's what I have been looking for but all I have found is vinyl.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my buddy at mseries rebuilds has some bows for a little over scrape value. send me a pm and ill get you his email add Tim

INTREPER

gimpyrobb said:
Didn't we have someone here who just got a massive amount of them? I thought he's taking alot to Aberdeen.
Yup, I saw his add and shot him an e-mail. We've already been talking :D
Man I love this site!

INTREPER

So here are a few "aftermath" photos taken today of what the trailer currently looks ike after it tumbled down the canyon next door.

Imagine, waking up one morning, looking down, and the trailer missing.
You get down to the area it use to be, and find the fence bent down with the trailer no where to be seen. After going for a long hike, EUREKA! It's way down there.

Looking by the pics, do you guys think I can bend the area back into shape where the drop wheel steering joint is? I think that's all that is bent.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks