• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

revisiting 11.00x20 duals on deuce with spacer?

Monster Man

wondering if Big Mike ever got those 11.00 x 20 duals, and if so did they fit without a spacer between the wheels?

Monster Man

nice! thanks for the pics. If you have a chance can you check the spacing between the tires? 1 inch would be good, 1 1/2" better.
I've only seen one page that had pics of 11.00x20's dualed, and it said it all depends on brand, some tires clear, some rub. I really want 11.00x20's but don't want the tire failure by rubbing, singles would be good too, though. Still haven't decided, cause I have already gotten two flats, and two of my stems are damaged and leak air. The duals come in really handy then!

stefos

I use dual 11X20 Matador tires made in Slovenia. Nobody knows them but they are new and very very chip. I don't use a spacer. I took some messurments: 1 inch at the bottom and 1 3/16 at the top, when the tire pressure is 65psi and there is a load of 1 ton. I had 1000 miles on this configuration mostly on high speeds and no problem. But I have the feeling that if I put dual snow chains on them I will have a serious problem. The tires are too close to the springs and to each other. Also I had no problem with mud.