• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater box installation question M35A2

Rodger

I know this must be somewhere here already, but I cannot find it.

I am installing a cab heater box in an M35A2.

I have the installation kit, the two steel pieces. I bolted them together (they only go one way.) and fit them into the engine compartment.

For the vertical piece, do I drill the holes on the fender. or through the frame rail.
The way it fits it appears to be through the frame rail. I do not want to do that without confirmation.

Thank you in advance.
Rodger

91W350

Unless you are restoring, mount it in the cab below the glovebox, route the water instead of the air through the firewall. You will lose much less heat and make a much smaller hole for cold air to enter the cab through. You might even look at a M923, the heater box mounts to the engine side of the fire wall and on the inside of the cab the air box is mounted. No more three or four feet of air ducting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks