• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preventative Maintenance Monthly

Artisan

I want to share w/ all a link I found. It is a link to the archives of an Army monthly publication called " The Preventative Maintenance Monthly " or "PS" ( not sure where they get that from???? )

I checked the 1999 issue and the 2013 issue and indeed all info is approved for public release and distribution is unlimited.

It is written in a Comic Book type of format and after a brief analysis I have determined that a LOT of thought has gone into its design AND its content. It
appears to be designed so-as to catch the eye of a young soldier and keep him
interested in its content. Well, I am no scholar nor young and it caught my eye.

It is FULL of awsome information on everything from 5TON Air Cleaner tips in the snow to
what kind of oil one should use on there machine guns in varying temperatures. It dispells myths and injects fun keeping it interesting. It is mandatory reading in my book
for all. I will be reading all issues when and as time allows.

This link will bring you back to the 1999 Year Archives, at the bottom you can click
your way up to I think it is 2009, and with just a little bit or URL manipulation you can
get all the way up to JAN-2013 . VERY cool this poop is, Enjoy...

CLICK HERE

Last edited:

Artisan

RangerBob

Attachments

Last edited:

RangerBob

<snip>
or "PS" ( not sure where they get that from???? )
</snip>
According to Wikipedia...

Wiki said:
PS, The Preventive Maintenance Monthly is a monthly United States Army magazine published since June 1951 to illustrate proper preventive maintenance methods with comic book-style art. (The magazine's title derives from its being a "postscript" to other, related publications.)

steelypip

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the ones from the '70s through the '90s digitized? They're all public domain, but they fall in the black hole in between the university library collection and LOGSA. If anybody has sacrificial copies, I'd be willing to feed them through the sheetfed scanner and clean up the scans a few issues at a time, anyway. That would be the time span that covers stuff like my MEP-002A, for instance.

Artisan

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the ones from the '70s through the '90s digitized? They're all public domain, but they fall in the black hole in between the university library collection and LOGSA. If anybody has sacrificial copies, I'd be willing to feed them through the sheetfed scanner and clean up the scans a few issues at a time, anyway. That would be the time span that covers stuff like my MEP-002A, for instance.
Ummm, isn't that what I linked to? Well, there PDF files, that is "digital" isn't it? CLICK HERE

RangerBob

The link posted by 'runk' has the older stuff from '51-'71, but they are all single-page scans. So you can't search for text (except maybe with OCR software) and you can't download an entire issue in one shot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks