• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 enclosure dimensions

jesusgatos

Just purchased an M101A3 with an enclosure and am wonder how tall it is inside. Looked at the TM and was able to find the length (96") and width (65"), but didn't see anything about the enclosures. Can anyone tell me how tall it is inside? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 2.35.01 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-01-17 at 2.35.52 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-01-17 at 2.35.31 PM.jpg

jesusgatos

Thanks, I watched the auctions for a long time before finally snagging this one. Actually bought two (only one had an enclosure). Going to swap this enclosure over onto the other M101A3 trailer and then give this trailer to a friend of mine to tow behind his M1009.

ptrjason

You lucky dog. I was bidding on one of those today. Actually saw it in person.

You got lucky, trailer has some rust, tires look good, but the finish on that cargo top is really nice and smooth.

BRING BOLTS AND NUTS, 3/8 SHOULD BE GOOD or just a bit smaller. The top IS NOT bolted to the bed at all to if driving it off, it may cause a problem with bumps. Look on the inside pic and see how many mounts there are. There are two bolt holes for each and get enough for them.

Again, I saw those today when I got my trailer, as I was high bidder on one for a few days, but it went way past my limit.

But both are in pretty good condition, and they are huge on the inside. almost looks like you can stand and still have room.

You scored!! Good job.

ptrjason

They where there when I saw it. Those are the ONLY two hard tops there. Hundreds and Hundreds of Hummers and rows of trailers, but only those two hardtops.

I am really jealous lol.

jesusgatos

...and this is the other M101A3 that I'm going to swap the shelter onto. Works out great because my buddy is only going to use the trailer chassis to put a utility bed on top of, so he didn't really care too much about the condition of the cargo bed.

Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 5.28.19 PM.jpg

ptrjason

Tops are both good. But yours has a really nice smooth finish. The right one is the one I was bidding on, but it is really rough. And feels really gritty. It would have to be sanded before paint or anything like that.

You scored. I would take either of them.

The GL guy said that he had at least 15 people want to look at them. And if u are switching out the trailers it wouldn't matter anyway. They both looked towable, just bring the bolts to secure the top and your good to go.

jesusgatos

Good to know. Was wondering about how the top was sitting on there. Didn't know if maybe there was something wonky, but am relieved to hear that it's just not bolted down. Filling out EUC forms and hoping they process quickly so I can pick these up when I go down the the King of the Hammers race.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks