• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1951 Minneapolis Moline ZASI restoration

Oros35

I picked up an Army Corps of Engineers Minneapolis Moline ZASI tractor. Number 492 of 515 ever made. Looking for some help from the knowledgable folks on here. I want to restore it back to as original as I can. They were also made for the Air Force and Navy too.

Here is the data plate (click to see it big):
IMAG1343.jpg
Can anyone point me to where to find the TM or any other useful information on this tractor?

here is a link to some info on it
http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/2/0/204-minneapolis-moline-zasi-photos.html

I plan to paint it 24087 or 23070 semi-gloss OD green. I think either one was available in 1951. there is some original paint on the tractor but I'm not sure if I can tell the difference.

Here it is, pretty rough, but most of the important stuff is there, and it runs good.
IMAG1339.jpgIMAG1337.jpg

Last edited:

Scott3398

I know this kind of an old post so I don't know if you found what you are looking for or not. Ive got two Minneapolis Moline military tractors one is a RTI-M and the other is a Big MO 400M both were former Air force. I found manuals for them at Jensales. Yesterdays tractors also has manuals but are printed by jensales. they have an online website. https://www.jensales.com/
Scott

Oros35

I'd love to have an RTI-M almost bought one at an auction last year. Bought a UTIL-M that I'm restoring instead.
Would love to know the SN and any other info on the tractors you would be willing to share. I've got a spreadsheet going trying to keep track of as many as I can.

Please pm me if you want.