• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC250 Emergency Fuel Shutoff Valve: M809, M939, M939A1

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The emergency engine shutdown brass fuel valve had been leaking when under load on my truck and I finally got around to replacing it. Thanks to Cummins guru Will Wagner I was able to easily obtain, and at a decent nominal price, the valve. It appears to a better design than the original valve.
A very simple fix, it required about 10 mins. I used a 1/2" (fuel line), 5/8" (valve body), 7/16" (pull wire bolt) wrenches and a crescent wrench for removing the tachometer cable.
SDC11735.jpg

Here's a pic of the box for part number reference.
SDC11737.jpg

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had Will Wagner order through Cummins. I paid more than you did, though. I did a little looking around, but found the prices outrageous ($200+). So I just had Will track it down for me. I guess I should be asking you where you got yours from. Some extras would be a smart move.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter

bigwhale

I need one of these valves also, the valve seems to be stuck half way closed and the truck doesn't respond quickly when pressing on throttle and idles low. When I pull the cable the engine does not shut down.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can just do away with the valve if you like. You won't have an emergency shutoff but most civilian Cummins engines don't have the valve.

bigwhale

Took valve off the engine and opened it up and cleaned the guts . The brass actuator inside was tight I guess from sitting. Relined the holes , sprayed wd40 inside to clean it and reinstalled the old valve on the engine. Old valve works like a charm with no leaks, alittle cleaning goes along way and is easier on the wallet also. Just be careful lots of tiny parts and a very small o ring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks