• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Makin progress....

progun

Got most of the ROPS out. The rear hoop is hard stuck. I will not be reinstalling this. After sitting in a field for 15 years I got her running! It runs on it's own. Did not even take the carb off. I adjusted the valves, changed the oil and replaced the water pump. All that is left is an exaust manifold gasket. The body is pretty straight with rust in the usual places but unlike my first one there is no frame rail rust!! I need some body panels. Mainly the dash supports. Anyone know of any? I still need a mount for the M60. Anyway, I will keep y'all updated on the progress. Thanks!

Attachments

progun

The rear panel is pretty rusty. Not sure if I should replace it or repair it. I have never removed any panels on these. Are the pretty hard to remove? Heavily spot welded or pretty normal?

progun

Not sure. I have not found the ones I need yet. I really need the dash supports. I can make floors and battery box. If I don't find a toolbox floor I will make that too.

Lindsaym151

hey Progun post pics of your needs, lets see what i got laying around.Are you restoring to Museum level or motor pool?
Do you know how to weld?Wich dash panels do you need(pics)You can call me at 386 479 9644.Try rivrad he's in your neck of the woods!

Lindsaym151

Just went back and looked at your wash pics. I would sand blast the rear end .It dosen't look that bad.To make a panel for your gastank floor ,turn your gas tank upside down and genlly form your metal to that.

Lindsaym151

Hey Progun,
Great talking to you to day!
After I got off the phone with you today My guys started looking into your problem, I think WE can make the panels you want. It's quite simple, We are going to get all the measurements ,make a pattern and fab it bend it . It will be a couple of weeks, I gotta pay these guys ot to do this, that means i gotta run a batch this week to keep um going next week late!
We'll figure it out for you !! SEABEES RULE!!

rickf

Hey Progun,
Great talking to you to day!
After I got off the phone with you today My guys started looking into your problem, I think WE can make the panels you want. It's quite simple, We are going to get all the measurements ,make a pattern and fab it bend it . It will be a couple of weeks, I gotta pay these guys ot to do this, that means i gotta run a batch this week to keep um going next week late!
We'll figure it out for you !! SEABEES RULE!!
If you are making 151 panels I know a lot of people that would be interested in a quality product. Myself included! Send me a pm and we can discuss.

Rick

progun

I got it stripped out now. Most of the bad metal is gone. Progressing well. I hope to be making floor panels this weekend. She is coming together. I still need those dash support panels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks