• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Name that part!

Jusjofok

Quiz time!
Can someone tell me what this part does or is supposed to do? It appears to be a hydraulic cylinder and was mounted to the floorboard below the clutch arm. The slotted yoke went around the clutch arm (rh side of the clutch pedal torque tube) and traveled with the clutch rod. The arm on the clutch torque tube isn't the normal arm with a square hole and a round hole for the pull rod, it is cast with a slot for the clutch rod (it is shown in picture 2, i am not using the cylinder part but I am using the arm so the washers are there to take up the slack). The clutch rod isn't the normal 5/16" rod with a 180 degree hook on each end but a welded assembly that attaches to the clutch torque tube (next to the steering gear in the wheel well) via stud and nut. There were no hoses or lines attached to this thing when I got it. If you blow into the ports with compressed air it moves like a cylinder. The problem with this thing is that the clutch rod blocks the hole for the fuel line (see pic 3), it was installed but was rubbing and binding and has actually worn a hole in the line. This is not something someone has built and installed, everything about it is professional, the clutch rod even has radiused gussets. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I have looked through all the manuals I have and haven't found any references to it at all. The only thing I can think of would be a hill holder of some kind but that seems far fetched for a military jeep.
100_5177.jpg
100_5164.jpg
100_5178.jpg

Jusjofok

It could be. I looked for other features on the vehicle to suggest other attachments but didn't find anything other than some odd brackets on the back floorboard. I will get a picture and post it.

Jusjofok

I considered it might be a clutch master setup but why the fancy clutch rod then? And I didn't think the M151 series ever came with a hydraulic clutch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks