• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rpm/mph calculator

Zeked

Is there a ready built rpm/mph calculator for the M35? I guess that you take the diff ratio times any xfer ratio times the number of inches circ of the tires.

But I am bad at math and want it done for me. BTW what is the circumfrence of the "stock" tires? And how are they designated vis a vis 16x20 etc.

Sorry for the lame description, Im new at this.

Regards
Zeke Duge

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Or

Take a piece of string and wrap it around the tire and then lay the string out and measure it. That is the easiest if you are bad at math to get the circumference.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Or

Take a piece of string and wrap it around the tire and then lay the string out and measure it. That is the easiest if you are bad at math to get the circumference.
Or if the wife sews she should have a cloth tape measure , she won't mind a little road dirt and grease on it
roflroflrofl

steelandcanvas

One guy might be already in trouble with his Wife today, we don't need another one. I've only been yelled at twice by the Bosslady, once for dropping cookie crumbs on the floor (homemad choclate chip cookies), and for not putting the broiler pan back where it belongs.

Zeked

Thanks a lot. Choose A for sincerity B for sarcasm.....:)

One guy might be already in trouble with his Wife today, we don't need another one. I've only been yelled at twice by the Bosslady, once for dropping cookie crumbs on the floor (homemad choclate chip cookies), and for not putting the broiler pan back where it belongs.
Problem is I dont have a Deuce yet, and therefore no tires, unless one of you guys wants to drop by the ranch in central Oregon, I do have string, and Beer.
The other thing I dont have is a wife.....She left after 26 years, and i want the Deuce cause its too quiet around here.
Thanks for the info, and the offer of the Beer still stands.

Zeke

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it seems that using the loaded radius is more accurate, i don't really understand why, but that is what the michelin tire site gives. i have also read this several places.
the math is really quite simple:

rpm = (168 * mph * ratio ) / radius
mph = ( rpm * radius) / ( 168 * ratio)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks