• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello form Upstate NY

13bravo

I just joined the other day, and am in the process of getting an M274 Mule. I have already been a collector of other militaria, mostly Dummy rounds and some other things like field phones.
I spent a couple years in the Army during the Clinton years. I was in Artillery and now when thinking back on it, the Army used to use old decommissioned military vehicles as targets for a variety of weapons systems.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, so you're the one who was shooting them up?

;-)

Welcome aboard.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site , Once you get the "MV BUG " one is NOT enough ! This is a great site ,with LOTS of good people and a ton of info on just about any MV . Take the time to learn and use the system and have FUN . I would also recommend you get hooked up with any local military club in your area . bob k

LanceRobson

Welcome to the site. You are right in the area of the Hudson-Mohawk group of the NY-PENN Military Vehicle Collectors Club. If you are interested in checking them out shoot me a PM and I'll send you the contact info and when/where the next meeting date is.

Lance

FP1201

I always get a kick out of the folks that call anything above the Hudson "upstate" it's three and a half more hours North to my house in Northern NY from there. My oldest son just bought a '71 Kieser M35 from a friend: posting the price could be construed as trolling, and that's not me.

13bravo

I always get a kick out of the folks that call anything above the Hudson "upstate" it's three and a half more hours North to my house in Northern NY from there. My oldest son just bought a '71 Kieser M35 from a friend: posting the price could be construed as trolling, and that's not me.
Actually I almost consider anything above NYC upstate, just because when we New Yorkers say we are from New York people instantly think we are from NYC.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FP1201 , could not agree with you more , when I tell people I am from NY , they ASSUME that you are talking about NYC , we are 450 miles from NYC! , I am 8 miles from Canada ! any way , hope to be in Tennessee soon .

FP1201

FP1201 , could not agree with you more , when I tell people I am from NY , they ASSUME that you are talking about NYC , we are 450 miles from NYC! , I am 8 miles from Canada ! any way , hope to be in Tennessee soon .
We live in Adams, which is ~30 miles S. of the T.I. Bridge. We're considering TN, but nothing's really going to happen for a couple years.

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Politics and guns - REALLY!

....then again, NY passed the "SAFE Act" which is some seriously draconian firearms & ammunition law; if we don't get it repealed, then the time table is moving up.....

Rather than hit the "Report Post" I thought I'd give my 2c.... I too am in "UpState" NY, but I feel that your post crosses the no political posts line and the firearms line on this - a military vehicle forum............JUDGES?

How about someone saying "we should repeal the second ammendment"! That would sure spark a debate but I'm not going to even suggest that since it is not why I joined SS.

NY sucks because of taxes - but it's my home (now) and I like everything else...

Welcome neub - sorry for semi hi-jacking the thread.

Last edited:

FP1201

Sorrry, it's such a hot topic right now and since we were speaking of where we live and where we want to move to.... This web site has been a little tricky for me to navigate. It took a while to even find the "search" function seems some of the color scheme and font size is difficult for me to descern.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indeed, that would be a political issue(and a rule violation).

Adams you say, I'm 15 minutes from there.

I have always considered the Thruway the divider for "upstate".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks