• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can 2 m923 trucks without tarp & bows fit on one transport trailer?

quickfarms

The 923 is listed as 21,600lbs empty and is 307.4 inches long(25.6')
At 43,200 lbs and 51.2' it is possible but you will need a light tractor and trailer. You will probably end up with a 53' flatbed. Properly specked they can haul up to about 46,000 and still be under 80,000, it might be a little tricky to get the axle weights correct.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What should a fella expect to spend on a trailer that meet those specs? And could an M939-series tractor pull a load like that?
M931A2's have a 55,000# towing capacity on the highway , so that leaves about 8000#'s for the trailer.
As for prices you have to decide what you need before you can guess prices . Seeing as your in california your going to have more axle weight restrictions than most other states .
Doing a search for "53' used flatbed" will bring up a lot truck trader listings and give you some pricing ideas.

Last edited:

Csm Davis

M931A2's have a 55,000# towing capacity on the highway , so that leaves about 8000#'s for the trailer.
As for prices you have to decide what you need before you can guess prices . Seeing as your in california your going to have more axle weight restrictions than most other states .
Doing a search for "53' used flatbed" will bring up a lot truck trader listings and give you some pricing ideas.
Yeah you can forget it in California the new spread axle forward set puts you over weight on one axle. I found that out the hard way.

quickfarms

I think it is going to be difficult, if not impossible, to find a 53' foot trailer that only weights 8,000 lbs. Most will be about 12,000 lbs.

The Fontaine revolution 52, which is advertised as the lightest flatbed, weighs in at 8,700 lbs but us only 48 feet.

So think new, expensive commercial trailer.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might get two M931s on my trailer but I haven't tried. Two deuces about fills mine up.

Attachments

flashgordon

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393475380.360730.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393475403.925860.jpg
The weight was fine on this load. About 77k. The real concern was rear overhang. You're only allowed 4 feet legally. We were pushing our luck!

-FLASH-

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bought an M270A1. Think we might be able to add a third axle to distribute the weight well enough to be legal in CA? Maybe something like a tag-axle that we could raise/lower?
Is that the M270A1 out of Fontana? It was a nice looking trailer, Long!!!

jesusgatos

Is that the M270A1 out of Fontana? It was a nice looking trailer, Long!!!
Barstow, but yeah. Hope it's in halfway decent shape. Think I'm going to have Robert Winslow haul it off-base for me and he was saying that with the axles pushed so far back on that thing, might be okay with two trucks on it, weight-wise. Guess we'll see. Now what to pull a load like that with...

jesusgatos

Yeah, I know. Have to load-up on the step-deck. Should be okay length-wise and think we can keep the load just under 14ft if we put the ass-end up on the step-deck. Worst-case we have to take of the spare tire hoist and fold down the windshield on the truck up front. Big question is how the weight is gonna add-up.

quickfarms

Yeah, I know. Have to load-up on the step-deck. Should be okay length-wise and think we can keep the load just under 14ft if we put the ass-end up on the step-deck. Worst-case we have to take of the spare tire hoist and fold down the windshield on the truck up front. Big question is how the weight is gonna add-up.
I have never seen one that is a step deck. Everyone I have seen is just a goose neck and no deck. You would have to build a deck which would add more weight to an already heavy trailer

jesusgatos

Ah, yeah. Realize that it's not a proper step-deck but am pretty sure I can build something that will work without adding more than a couple hundred pounds. This is all just speculation though, haven't even seen one of these things in person before. Just seemed like it might be our best bet. First choice would have been something more like an M870, but that's outta our price range right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks