• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soda Blaster

carmen

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever used a Soda Blaster? While I have a cabinet and small pressure sand blaster. The dirt and the danger to your health is moving me to a this. Plus the fact that do don't have to worry about getting sand and dirt in places where it is not suppose to go.

I have done a 1 MB, 1 M37 and a M715 using a sand blaster. I just picked up a M135 and While I plan on taking of the body and cab I have no plans to take it all the way down to the bare frame. Thus my quest for a soda blaster.

I know that cost may play a factor in weather I get one or not. If that be the cast is there anyone out there that has one be willing to rent me theirs for a month.

Thanks

Carmen

rdixiemiller

I've used soda blast, water blast, sand blast, and dry ice blast. All have their place. Soda blasting leaves the sheetmetal looking pristine. Dry ice blasting removes paint and does nothing to the underlying substrate. Water blasting with ultra high pressure (40,000 psi) will take off rust, paint, tires, wiring, etc. It will leave swirl marks in metal thinner that 12 gauge unless extreme care is used. It is very fast as well. Sandblasting is the most common method used, I just hate the cleanup and the silica dust.
I guess the best thing to say is that everything has its place.

98hd

I've got an ACE PS2 soda blaster, it was about 2k when I bought mine.

I bought it to do 2 project vehicles. Got the first done, and it was a slow process. If I would have had a bigger compressor (mine is a 23cfm 90 gal unit), and better water filtration, I could have went to a fan nozzle and it probably would have gone alot faster.

It leaves a great finish though (non abrasive and no heat), and combined with some "prep-step" will not rust if kept indoors for quite some time.

I'm thinking about selling mine and acid dipping and e-coating the next project instead of going through the blasting process again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks