• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil filters and belts... quick info please

CanonNinja

Going to be working on the truck tomorrow, replacing the belts and oil/fuel filters, and need to get the part numbers to check with local places if possible. I know I can search, but I'm out the door to drive the beast up to a friend's place to work on it tomorrow. Thanks guys.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
napa #'s are
alt belt #9476 2 ea.
air compressor belt #9510
wix air filter #42837
wix primary fuel #33511
wix secondary fuel #33512 2 ea.
Oil filters are napa 1133 gold. Or fram ch33apl.
I usally by the wix filters because they come with the gaskets you need. Although other filters fit. They don't allways come with the gaskets you'll need.
The local auto parts i use keeps all the filters for multis in stock for me. You may need to go to a big truck parts house to get some stuff.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Additional note. The WIX oil filter is 51133 and the 42837 aiir filter is not designed up to the 410 CFM flow as the OE air filter element.

JDToumanian

Those are the new lines I got from TNJ Murray... They're cadmium plated. My old ones were rusty and the flare nut on the #2 cyl was rusted to the line so it twisted the pipe off when I removed it. I think these new ones are made in Korea. They barely fit and the tubes take a slightly different route to the injectors so I haven't figured out how to attach all the little vibration dampers yet...

My deuce is on blocks getting painted, wheel cylinder r&r, and also front axle boots and seals, so it will be another few weeks before I get to test drive it with the new filter housing.

Jon

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Those are the new lines I got from TNJ Murray... They're cadmium plated. My old ones were rusty and the flare nut on the #2 cyl was rusted to the line so it twisted the pipe off when I removed it. I think these new ones are made in Korea. They barely fit and the tubes take a slightly different route to the injectors so I haven't figured out how to attach all the little vibration dampers yet...

And I assume everyone is selling the same lines, aren't they?

JDToumanian

I don't know... Saturn is sold out, but theirs used to be originals. I didn't shop around, but I would if I was going to do it again. NOS would definitely be better than these, but would probably cost 2-3 times as much.

I'd actually prefer to have a good used set... but these will be fine if I can get them tweaked enough to get the vibration dampers on.

vbrescueman

Hey guys ...just curious my oil filters are leaking-because i replaced them and I was wondering if the napa/fram thread directly onto the stock mount--or do I have to fab up something? All help is appreciated as I am working on this as we type...
Doc

bottleworks

vbrescueman said:
...and I was wondering if the napa/fram thread directly onto the stock mount--or do I have to fab up something?
Doc
I refer you to remote oil filters (it's what I have and uses better filters):
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9898

Or here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10321

or here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6700

and here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6656

PM me if you want updated pictures of the finished/updated R.O.F. project.

vbrescueman

I have read your ROF set-up...very nice [thumbzup] but a bit too $ right now. :shock: I'm just trying to get everything rolling on the truck for now which is why I was wondering about the napa's, etc. and if they mounted directly.
Thanks,
Doc

bottleworks

The NAPA 1458 oil filter needs a replacement oil filter housing assembly or machined adaptors made to get them to spin on. There is no known spin-on filter that can "just work" with the stock setup. The oil filter housing that uses the 1458 filter is machined different to allow the filters to mate with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks