• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Service body on deuce?

Terexts

I have a used Knapheide 8ft service body I need to do something with, I was wondering if anyone has tried to mount one on a deuce. A bobbed deuce that is. Any ideas or pictures?

Terexts

Great replies! Looks like it's a matter of relocating the fuel tank and spare tire to get it low enough for easy access. I'm sure I have enough room so the tires won't rub the bed if I go with singles 1100R20's. Next question is, would the M105 trailer springs handle the weight of the body plus a load? I have a 13hp air compressor and Lincoln 8 Ranger to mount on the body. The body itself is 1300 lbs.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
C&C Equipment had built a great looking M35A3 with a service body and I can't find pics of it anywhere now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I believe the one you are talking about Clinto, is the one Derek posted above!
Hmmmm....... maybe. I remember it being 3-color camo, with Gillespie. I'll have to ask maccus, he'll remember it.