• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

MarcusOReallyus

What ? It causes rubber to deteriorate ? I did not know that. Now how am I going to get rid of those pesky, rotten little meecse !!!
At what percentage does it start to rot the rubber ? Maybe I can lower the machines "ozone" level ?
Yep, it does. It's dosage dependent. You can buy machines that sense the level and adjust it, for keeping the air in your house clean. The machine I linked to earlier does not adjust, so I adjust the dosage with a timer. In my house, it's off 7 minutes, on 30 seconds. Got there by trial and error. When I blast the basement or crawl space, it's full on for an hour. The area is not safe for animal life for about an hour afterwards. Kills all the mold in the air and on exposed surfaces, and drives out or kills any rodents in the place. Probably makes the snakes leave, too. Doesn't seem to bother the bugs.

Merddin

I used L brackets underneath my truck to attach my plate, but I had an M1009, M1010, and M1031, a little diff than an M1008.

I would also look into the legality of running vanity or 'period correct' plates, I'm lucky enough that my state law is worded as such that I can run a green USA (Armed Forces in Germany) identification plate with my state issued plate attached under and behind the bumper, still completely visible but because the USA plate is so obvious, you don't look further, and makes it look better, IMO. So, I'd use Plus Nuts on the tailgate to permanently attach a USA identification plate, and mount the state issued plate below, but check your state law. Some states have very specific mounting requirements.
View attachment 737328

I haven't run a license plate light and have never had an issue, but YMMV....

They do make license plate light bolts that you can get on Amazon for dirt cheap....

NOT an auction, per site rules...

https://www.amazon.com/CZC-AUTO-Waterproof-Rainproof-Motorcycle/dp/B077Z6WQ6Q/
Where and how do you get a USA plate? Never heard of them. Pretty cool though!
I
bought a generic license plate light that needs two 1/8 holes for mounting and maybe a 1/4 in hole for the wires. Got it at oreily auto parts. It is an optronics led mini license plate light. Have not installed yet since bumper is off right now. I am not using pintle, so I removed and am going to put plate over the hole for the pintle. Right now it is ziptied securely to the bumper mounting bracket.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are all Washington State residents. The other States have much different views on lighting up the license plate.
Technically it is supposed to be illuminated, but an argument could be made that it was manufactured without them......

PA is HORRIBLE on equipment violations.....Heard way too many horror stories about tickets from PSP about the stupidest stuff, like 'unsecured load' ticket for having a cooler in the bed, and MD residents getting tickets for white front turn signals (legal in MD but not PA), 'modified safety device' for adding a brush guard, stuff like that....

Last edited:

cucvrus

I like the PA DOT laws. Keeps a lot of knit wits and unsafe junk off the road. We have annual safety inspections and I am a certified inspection mechanic. The Pennsylvania State Police monitor the inspections closely. They are a fair group of guys. Simple keep it legal and no problems. I still like that they are strict on safety. Why white turn signals up front? Amber lamps work just fine. Unsecured load fines are great. I don't want to see people hurt / killed because someone can't secure the load they are carrying. But to say PA is horrible I don't see it. Have a Great Day. It must be an eastern US thing I guess. I am a lifetime resident of the Commonwealth.

MarcusOReallyus

We are all Washington State residents. The other States have much different views on lighting up the license plate.
It's required, and enforced, here in Virginia. I got pulled over one night for it in my Jeep. The only reason I didn't get a ticket was because I was genuinely surprised and the inspection sticker on the windshield was the day before! He let me go with a promise to fix it in the morning (it was late Friday evening).

I installed a license frame with built-in LED for my M1028.

KI4FKW

Today I began to trace down why my blackout toggles didn't work. I ended up discovering that the left toggle was aftermarket and ran to nothing. The original one was still wired up and tucked beneath the dash. Still aren't working. There is a jumper on the headlight switch, when removed - I have no lights. But the jumper doesn't touch the blackout toggles. Stumped so far.

I found that my blackout drive light was disconnected (ground and hot). Reconnected the ground, hot is missing the last piece.

I found that my blackout markers are painted over. Began to uncover them.

I found a tag bracket and taglight behind my bumper. I guess my bed is not original?

I removed the GT steering wheel and began to reinstall the original. I stopped because I want to take it back off and fix the wobble in the column.

I fixed the outside passenger's door handle, as it had become disconnected.

I began reaching out for a few nick nack parts that I want to acquire and put back on the truck.

This thing keeps me guessing!

KI4FKW

Got mine insured, tagged, and title applied for today. Finally figured out the BO lights and got them working. Got a 20% discount coupon for LMC that I plan to use for one of their stock looking radios.

90Jimmy

To do that you have to remove the back window and the regulator. How is the sash and guide wheels on the window and regulator?
Just cleaned out the grime and what was left of that broken down felt, lubed up the spots that needed it....did"t replace the felt in the tracks because I did have them on hand. That may be a project for another day.

LT67

Changed air and fuel filters on the 85 M1008. It also helps to remember to bleed the new fuel filter....

#idiot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks