• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This is how WE roll ;-) DHOG > Dutch Humvee Owners Group

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny:

Not so sure about that... Are there really so many "Rednecks" out there in GA, owning a HMMWV ... and doing rally-things?
How comes we don't see them in Durhamtown....?:p

(It almost sounds as if you are a bit envious...... which I would perfectly understand, of course.......... :))

To the OP: nice videos! Thanks for sharing!

G.

TehTDK

Really good videos and I bet you had fun :). I do have a few comments tho

1:
I was taught that when doing a field or roadside recovery with a recovery strap, that you are generally better off recovering going forward due to the fact that your engine+transmission is setup to provide more torque going forwards then backwards. Unless naturally the terrain etc speaks against that procedure.

2:
I am a bit concerned seeing how some of the drivers resort to using a recovery strap as a improvised kinetic rope, and thus are yanking it several times. While the strap might take that punishment, it's however a failure/snap waiting to happen as its not designed for that kind of work.