• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior rear view mirror mounting??

rolling18

Greetings!
I just bought a NOS interior mirror advertised for M35 series trucks...
i just got it BUT it only came with the mirror and no instructions or mount for it to screw to...

Does anyone know where or how this mirror is supposed to attach INSIDE the cab?
its very small only about 6" long by 3 inches tall, od green and metal on ball type adjustment with a threaded stud the screws nto something to bount to the center post of the winshield??

thanks!

(did the mandatory search, no luck for interior mirror)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a little hat shaped bracket that the mirror attaches to and is screwed into the post.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not popular. Only the 50s gassers had them. You could drill and tap the center post and just screw the mirror in directly.

rolling18

yes I mainly see them being useful only when there is no cargo cover in use, but for 10 bucks I didn't think it was too bad of a deal or too much risk

Bill W

I have one in my deuce
I just drilled and tapped the center post and mouted it that way, it comes in handy keeping a eye on anyone riding in the back.
There was a vender on e-bay selling the mount.

Attachments

Last edited:

rolling18

yep look like mine! heh
i would do that, BUT i have the electric wiper motor/ control in that location, I will continue to search out the mounting peice,

until then I will hust have to rig something up similar to you, i could probably go through a part of the wiper assembly
thanks for the pic! thats a great help!!
BTW, your inside look nice!!

I really like what you did to the roof liner area!!
mine was all trashy and i just lined it with dense egg crate foam hehe beter than nothing.:)

Last edited:

welldigger

I don't believe there is room to mount it where bill w has his with the a3 wipers. O, and bill w, every time I see a picture of your deuce I am impressed more and more. Very nice truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks