• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Congratulations to the United States Army!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
U.S. Army congratulations!

First in the defense of our great nation, Happy 238th Birthday to the United States Army. June 14th, 1775.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
YES! Early H A P P Y . B I R T H D A Y greetings and well wishes to the USA ARMY.

Let's also remember that June 14th is FLAG DAY. Please fly the colors proudly and appropriately.

Carry on.
Yes, early and that is why I posted it in the "Upcoming Events" forum to give people more time to think about it. [thumbzup]

LanceRobson

I was gone on a kayak camping trip with Nancy so wasn't here for the actual day. Thanks for remembering it and thank you to all who have served or waited for others who served.

I would note though that the Army is in fact one of the junior services. Really, really junior.

The National Guard got it's start 448 years ago with the first organized Militia muster on September 16, 1565 at San Augustine, Florida....

So, the rest of the armed services are "Johhny-come-latelys" 8)

Lance

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I had some fun with the Army's Birthday. I was getting all the Marines I know who work with me at the VA to wish me a happy birthday, after the handshake and traditional "Happy Birthday", I told them thank you and it was the Army's Birthday. That's OK they replied, come November 10th you better wish me a "Happy Birthday"! I get a kick out of friendly inter-service rivalry!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gone on a kayak camping trip with Nancy so wasn't here for the actual day. Thanks for remembering it and thank you to all who have served or waited for others who served.

I would note though that the Army is in fact one of the junior services. Really, really junior.

The National Guard got it's start 448 years ago with the first organized Militia muster on September 16, 1565 at San Augustine, Florida....

So, the rest of the armed services are "Johhny-come-latelys" 8)

Lance

The National Guard was established as a federally funded reserve component of the nation's armed forces on 21 January 1903 with the Militia Act of 1903 under Title 10 and Title 32 of the US Code . not to be confused with individual colonial and later state militias whose roots go farther back.

LanceRobson

Correct. I should have said something like "the organized militia that later became the National Guard" or some such. My point was intended to be a good natured comment that the various militia forces were in the field serving long before the Army as we know it came along. I'm sorry it didn't come across that way.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks