• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

paint job

tobyS

Your doing it right...great job. Wish I had your shop. Did you take out engine and drive line to do the frame? Sandblasting?

bigboy44

Great work! Are you going to do the whole truck or just the cab? If I had a shop that size I would be in Hogs heaven.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks great. I'm happy with mine although I want to do it again. I was in a hurry the first time.

20130620_174625.jpg

59apache

Chipmaker
Thanks at all for the kind words!
I'm doing just the cab this time. More bursts the timeframe...i want to drive her this year (season)......
the frame was in good condition, very little rust and chipping paint. I removed the rust and lose paint with a needle scaler and thats it.
Next winter i do the bed.
The cab and the big parts are sandblasted by a pro. The (felt) thousand little parts are sandblasted by my dad. Everything is off....most parts are now primered, some finished.

The black colour is a semi-gloss paint from Branth, it's very durable. This is for me more important than the correct colour. You can't scratch it off, even with a key or a screwdriver...good for a vehicle that's used off-road.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I like mine yours is awesome. That's the difference between a rattle can and someone who knows what they are doing. (You are the latter.) :)

59apache

Chipmaker
this is the homemade sandblasting-box....simply a transportbox with chipboards...works very well, catches most of the sand and you can reuse it.
On the sandblaster i've modified the ball valve for using a foot pedal. a redneck-high-flow-valve :mrgreen:
Very helpfull for the small parts.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks