• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pressure plate adjustment

acetomatoco

Never had to do one in 40 years... they should be all the same and then you adjust the linkage so the bearing has free play to about 2 inches of pedal travel...The fingers move as the disc wears, hence the need to adjust the free play in the pedal linkage... ACE

rdixiemiller

You have the wrong pressure plate. There are no adjustments you can make to that. If the clutch fingers are hitting the the input shaft retainer, the pressure plate was made for a smaller diameter tranny input shaft. I'll measure my spare tonight and give you a call.

Crazyguyla

You might have to look in a Gasser engine manual. The clutch assembly is part of the engine manual. The current engine manual for the multi fuels tell how to repalce the clutch but not rebuild it. I have a gasser parts manual that has the clutch breoken down into seperate parts, but don't have the repair manual.

red devils dude

it's not a new star it's a Illinois Auto Truck Co., Inc., crazyguyla the multifuel engine manual covers
setup and adjustment of the clutch but only for the old 4 finger style plate.

rdixiemiller

Clutch pictures

Jed
Here are the pics of the used clutch assy. I have here at the house. Other than some surface rust, this looks like a good useable assembly.

Attachments

devilman96

RE: Clutch pictures

RDD... the above that CG has is a LDT set up (got one in mine just like it) ... thus far there are 3 types I've seen used in the LDT...

There are several pressure plates that look identical to the LDT which fit outer engines and a just so slightly off. Longer or shorter arms and bolt holes that are off by .020 (at most) it makes them very deceiving when you try and do an exchange or get parts from a truck supplier.

If you need them I have both the clutch and PP listed in my drive train parts... http://odiron.com/store/index.php?cPath=4_48

red devils dude

RE: Clutch pictures

well whats killing me is they did find my clutch ie the one that came off my truck but they miss adjusted it so I cant make itwork, ordered a new one from saturn surplus waiting to hear back from jay on the total.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks