• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LSSV: 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, Fl to VA and back.

Stonepicker1

LSSV: 2005 Chevy, 2500, 4X4, 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel Engine, Allison Transmission.

Road trip will be about 2,000 miles. My time is short on getting this truck because I fly out on the 26th for a two weeks of training at Camp Atterbury, IN. Just hope I can get off work to make the trip.

The truck will need some work...Fuel tank(missing), Drive shaft(bent), Drivers door repaired, Tailgate and ???????

More later.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A set of 1/2" spacers on the front and the HMMWV rims fit fine. That is what M1075 is running on his.

K9Vic

Glad to see it is going to a good home and a pro with the LSSV trucks. I was watching that one and hoped it woudl go to a SS member.

It will take allot of work, but I recall seeing a LSSV go for like 20K on GL that was drivable with only a few issues. So there is allot of play room on that rig.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, swapping a 250 for the Duramax. I want to see pictures...... ;-)

Best of luck on the wife not finding out just yet. I know my wife knows what I'm doing before I've done it.

Stonepicker1

A set of 1/2" spacers on the front and the HMMWV rims fit fine. That is what M1075 is running on his.
I have a set of HMMWV rims with new 37" tires. I would just have to get 33" tires and spacers.

I was serching the web for the correct rim for this 2005, LSSV. It's made by Hutchinson and is a 16" x 8" beadlock rim. The Border Patrol chevy trucks were using the same setup. If anyone has a lead on a set let me know.
I think the GM part number for the rim is: GM9595950

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of new 1/2" spacers I bought for a test on the CUCV-II (they won't work). I can send then to you.

Stonepicker1

I have a set of new 1/2" spacers I bought for a test on the CUCV-II (they won't work). I can send then to you.
Warthog, hold on to them for now, When I get the truck home I'll see what I'm going to do as far as wheels.

Ferro is doing the pick-up on this Friday for me. Adam is a great guy for doing this any other members in the VA area that can give him a hand let him know. Ferro will be taking the truck to his place in SC and I will pick it up in AUG.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, and does it have a key so I can unlock the steering so I can get it on the trailer? unless you want me to ask them to forklift load it... :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks