• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

934A2 dies when shifted into forward gear, but not reverse.

91W350

No, one of the crushing crew members hit it with a forklift. I pulled the engine and sold it complete for 2,000. Good oil pressure, fired right up, sounded good, no smoke, ran cool, clean oil and coolant just would not go forward. He needed one for an ag application...

helomech

My 5 ton is having this same issue. It will move in low transfer, but in high it dies. I found that a rat/mouse chewed through the wire on the transfer case interlock valve. This wire also goes to the 5th gear lockup. Does anyone know how to tell which wire goes where? Here is a pic of the valve. Any help is very much appreciated. One of the wires goes to a ground on the chasis, and the other goes to the splits and does to the cab and the torque converter valve (but it also splits to ground) not sure how it works. But if I can figure out which wire is which than I can hook them up and try it.

21742966_10203706273893602_2458981763172081300_n.jpg21761755_10203706274133608_796690779954684962_n.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ouch. Wonder if it would work no matter which way they were hooked. Myself I would just make some quick pig tails on it and test it on a 24 volt source.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You dont need it really. You can do away with that. The switch on the shifter handle will still unlock the torque converter when shifting is done thru the capacitor. Bypass it and go to a single line system.

The wire on the frame rail side is the ground on a few i have laying around.

https://youtu.be/6vfG2pVDOIU

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

helomech

Thanks, for the replies, but the wire going to my torque converter lockup is messed up. Don't know how to fix that. I am not worried about the switch from low to high transfer much.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks, for the replies, but the wire going to my torque converter lockup is messed up. Don't know how to fix that. I am not worried about the switch from low to high transfer much.
You have two wires off that valve on the side of the transmission behind the plate where the shifter cable bolts to. Cut the ground and crimp on a longer wire and run it to a better ground. Then check the connection on the other. The wire from that solenoid goes to the capacitor up on the bottom of the cab which goes thru the solenoid.

helomech

You have two wires off that valve on the side of the transmission behind the plate where the shifter cable bolts to. Cut the ground and crimp on a longer wire and run it to a better ground. Then check the connection on the other. The wire from that solenoid goes to the capacitor up on the bottom of the cab which goes thru the solenoid.

Yeah the one wire from there goes to a capacitor, then goes to the transfer case solenoid. Just need to figure out which side of the solenoid it goes to. Not sure how to do that.

helomech

The wire on the right side of the plug in my hand goes to the capacitor and is fine. The one on the bottom left goes to one of the 2 spots on the solenoid valve on the transfer case, the top leftone goes to the ground. Also on that ground is the other wire that is broken on the solenoid valve. 21765152_10203706534180109_2240509712377338461_n.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is better people than me on this board for electric stuff. Could you use a multi meter and see if there is continuity between one wire and the housing. If not then would it matter what wire was power to make it trip.

helomech

There is better people than me on this board for electric stuff. Could you use a multi meter and see if there is continuity between one wire and the housing. If not then would it matter what wire was power to make it trip.
Reread you post. Misunderstood the first time. I can try that, thanks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks