• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 # 2

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not too bad - looks like it needs a little TLC, but nothing major. At least it still has the original bed on it. I'd say buy it!

lacoda56

It looks strangely complete for a "farm modified" truck. The M135 rims are becoming hard to find. The bed, pintle hitch, mirror arms and cab top are usually gone or hacked. The grab handle above the glove box, for some reason, is almost always gone. If the drivetrain is solid, you got yourself a really decent truck! Congratulations!

Ron

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting. Looks like a hydraulic pump on the nose and are those bed hinges I see in the back? A tipper!

butch atkins

pair of deuces

the more you see the more you want,this way you could have a truck to ride around in,and afirst class restoration,to show ,good luck,i have od fever also,glad my wife cant see whats hidden in the woods

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: pair of deuces

Very complete for a 55 year old truck, and VERY VERY complete for a farm rig. Great purchase!

Superdave

I got the truck home today just before it started to pour rain (towed it). I hope to see if it will run and drive when it stops raining in the next couple of days. The truck has been sitting for 10 years according to the wife as that is when he had a heart attack and never drove it since. The hydraulics are driven off the front crankshaft with a shaft to the pump. It was very interesting how he had the rad custom notched so that the shaft could go through the lower portion of the rad.

Attachments

Superdave

it's alive!!!!!!!!

I got the truck running yesterday with a little tinkering. I put a couple of batteries in it and tried to start it,NOTHING :x the starter was no good. I located a starter for it and installed it and tried again as it cranked over :D . I rigged up a temporary fuel tank as this one is full of the tar/10 year old fuel. I cranked it over and it fired up, for a few seconds until it flooded from a sticking needle and seat and also found that the accelerator pump seal was folded back and stuck in its bore. I managed to fix the carb,install it a tried again with great success,ya hoo. It has 60 lbs oil pressure cold and got up to full air pressure. I let it warm up for 5 minutes and let it idle. The engine runs great for sitting for 10 years but I will have to replace some of the gaskets as it looks like a slow moving water fall of oil running down the side of the engine. As it was running I checked the trans fluid and it was down about 6 liter's of fluid. After the top up I put it in gear and wahoo it moved under its own power. I will have to go over the transmission and check all of the adjustments as I tried the truck in low range f1 and it seams to hunt between 2 and 3 gear. Overall I am quite happy that it runs and moves for the $600.00 investment so far but will have more things to do in the future.

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks