• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Directions to bypass the Fuel Density Compensator

Boots787

Hello -
Where may I find directions to bypass the FDC on an LDT465-D1 Engine - 1971 M35A2 ??
Thank you in advance for your help.
Boots787

brianp454

I just posted a video on youtube. I used a GoPro and should have angled it down a bit more, but it works. I made a hand layout of all of the connections, but haven't converted it to electronic form yet.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pull the fuel line out of the FDC and install it in the hydraulic head. Take the short tube that went from the FDC to the HH and loop it back to the HH. ALL SET!

Boots787

"... from the FDC to the HH and loop it back to the HH." ... I'm old and confuse easily ... loop it back to the HH or back to the FDC inlet? If HH, where?
thanks ... sorry to be a pain, but I'm trying to figure this out. I lifted the FDC and put a paper towel under it, turned on the switch and sure enough, it's leaking fuel, so I need to bypass the FDC .... right?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to bypass no matter what. Everthing you need is at NAPA and you will be asking for synflex air line and two fittings. The rest can be looped or pluged. Make shure you spray the head and final fuel filter clean clean with something before you break the lines. Did I say keep things clean before and after till it's all hooked up. If you don't mind spending a little more money get the quick change fittings and just plug the lines together and put in the loops or pulgs in the right places and your done. The plugs are for brake lines and I like plugging rather than looping. Just take all the takeoff with you to NAPA.

Attachments

Last edited:

KaiserM109

I suggest that you replace ALL the plastic fuel lines. The instructions tell you to take one line off and bend to use as a bypass, but mine broke before it bent because it was so old. My thinking is that if it is so fragile, it should be replaced anyway.

Boots787

Good thoughts on replacing all plastic fuel lines. I've been all over Syracuse trying to find new line, both the larger and the 1/4" lines with absolutely no luck. NAPA couldn't help at all, even with plugs. Anyone have any suggestions?

brianp454

You want to be careful about chemical compatibility though.

I used ETFE, if you search that you'll find the source and all of the part numbers. I found that 10 feet of 1/4 and 10 feet of 3/8 is enough to do most of it. Maybe 15 of 1/4 to do all.

DOT air brake line with standard ferrules. Lot's of posts on this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks