• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are the landing leg swivel brackets the same for a M100 and a M416?

100acre

I'm attempting to restore a M416 I picked up recently. The body and chassis are both 416 but the tongue of the frame on the left side was bent to adapt to hold a T3C bantam hitch, which is totally different from the 416 as there is a square female adapter end. So it won't and never will accept a lunette ring. I recently purchased the correct trailer casting from Midwestmilitary in Minnesota. He has the correct 416 landing leg swivel and the one for the M100 which he says aren't compatible. There was a guy on Fleabay claiming his was a M416 swivel so I bought it, but his looks more like the M100 on the other site, and the two on midwestmilitary's site looked a bit different. Can anybody tell me if the M100 leg swivel will work on the M416?
The TC3 leg swivel is totally different.

Attachments

Last edited:

100acre

I've checked all applicable TM's in relation to the M416. I looked at the M100, the Bantam, and both M416 TM'S . One didn't have a FSN number. Each TM'S seemed to have a different name for the item. One was Support Leg Bracket, another was Drawbar Coupler Bracket. All had different parts numbers except they all had a CAGEC number of 19207. Two manuals shoved the bracket up into the drawbar bracket so you cannot see how many holes there were for setting the leg in the down or upright position, nor was it named at all in one manual. A picture I saw shows three holes for the M100 but the ones I've seen on the Internet have only two. This has been challenging, fun and only slightly frustrating. I guess I will have to wait and see, when I get the part in the mail.
The Steelsoldiers powers that be are always pushing " read the TM's " this time it wasn't fruitful, but I did learn a lot, I think.:???:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have owned both an M100 trailer, and several M416 trailers. IIRC they looked identical, I would guess the M100 version could be used on the M416 without any problems. If there are minor problems with fitting, like width in the "groove" perhaps it can be remedied with a grinder to make it work?

m38inmaine

I am in sort of the same boat. I have a swivel on a M100 I am restoring and the holes don't seem to be spaced right. In the down position the leg cants back, in the up position it won't lock as the leg hits the parking brake cable bracket. According to what I have read the WWII swivels have 3 holes, the M100/416 two holes but are different brackets. Perhaps I have a M416 swivel on my M100. I also have a M416 so perhaps I can compare them.

100acre

If the two holed part that's coming in the mail is obviously not going to fit correctly which i believe to be a M100 bracket and you have an extra M416 bracket then by all means how about a trade?:naner: I'll know in a few days! Check out midwestmilitary.net on the trailer parts page there's a picture each of the two parts. Both look very similar, but the way he has them displayed looks deceiving, although there is only a slight visible difference.

Last edited:

quickfarms

The M100 and M101 landing legs do interchange, the angle is a little different though. The M416 is different as the hole spacing and location do not line up.

The old casting you have loos like a civilian one.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CAGE Code 19207 is the US Army Tank Automotive Command, the folks that write the specifications for all the vehicle parts. You'll need the -24&P or -34&P of the TM's to find all the correct numbers for modern stuff, and the SNL 8 & 9 for the WWII stuff. SNL = Standard Nomenclature List is what the WWII parts manuals were called.

trailita

thanks

It sure looks bent in the picture.

Strip the paint off and check it for cracks. If there are no cracks heat it up and straighten it. The heating may reduce the strength a little bit. If it is cracked straighten it and weld it. It is a common issue.
thanks QUICKFARMS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks