• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member with M211

hambone

I didn't buy a rebuild kit, my rubber was nice and pliable, it wouldn't prime up at first but after the honing, it primed right up but the pitting wouldn't hone out. It is a 1 3/4" bore, the large rubber cup has Wagnor stamped in it and may have a part# stamped in it, if you would like, I will pull it apart and check for you, I'm going to buy a new master cylinder.

hambone

Found a couple NOS windshields and a muffler stack for the G749 from a MVPA member, this is what they looked like after FedEx got through with them.:cry:
IMG_0302.jpg

hambone

They wasn't shipped together, the windshields were screwed to wood with 1" styrofoam on each side, they must have dropped them, packed them better than I would have. I filed a claim for $200, I paid $60 for the pair, plus $27 shipping but now have to get the glass replaced, I think I can get both glasses replaced for short money. I have already replaced the glass and outside seals on my windshields, they are in good shape, just couldn't pass up a good deal.

Last edited:

hambone

I have a 5" electric orbital sander, it will get to most places, tight spots I do with a block or hand sand, start with 80gt and come back over with 180gt.

Another Ahab

I have a 5" electric orbital sander, it will get to most places, tight spots I do with a block or hand sand, start with 80gt and come back over with 180gt.
I can't figure how it matters, but I know some people swear by wet-sanding in the fine grits.

Do you sand wet, or dry?

hambone

Was able to make a little more progress on the truck, thought I would get the first coat of paint on before cool weather hits, was able to get my windshields in along with the side windows. Only going with one coat on the inside since it won't be exposed to the elements, haven't painted the top because I have a couple holes I need to plug weld. Took the hydro-boost out, I need to read Gunfreaks thread so I can figure out how to get this thing apart. USMC, I forgot to take a picture of my M35 master cyl., I will do that next week. Can't wait to get this baby rolling.
IMG_0311.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0314.jpgIMG_0315.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks