• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M725 engine and trans cost/availability

mbrosch

I am about to pull the engine and tranny from my M725. They are very low mileage (8500 miles), work perfectly and are stone stock. I would love to have them go to a good home.
If you are interested you can send me a message... somehow. I have no idea how these forums work so be patient. I'll figure it out.

dozenjeeps

Hi, would be interested but I am afraid the shipping would cost me more than I can afford..........I am sure someone in your area would love to have your power train.........thanks..........craig

oxcart area 51

I second what George wrote. I got 5 of those silly engines and transmissions sitting in the back of a M35 right now. They were all free to me and I will let them go free. You have to get them out of the M35 though. I don't have a loader anymore.

Be patient and a good set up will appear close to you for not much money.
Hi Barrman, I am looking for the Tornado 230 CI engine. I am wonder if you steel have them and haw can I get my hands on them. Thank you Sr.

Barrman

I do still have them. I also have access to a loader again too. I am not headed to the left coast with a trailer anytime soon though. PM me if you have some ideas.

oxcart area 51

I do still have them. I also have access to a loader again too. I am not headed to the left coast with a trailer anytime soon though. PM me if you have some ideas.
Hi, thank you for answering my request.
Can I ask you what condition this engines are in? Used As remove? or NOS?
Are they complete with accessories?

I slowly working on a project and I like to know what is going to cost me to get this engines to SO CAL.

Thank You !!!!

Barrman

One locked up. 3 running when pulled. I know one of the runners had a rear main seal leak because that is why I pulled it. The other engine was supposed to run when pulled but I never even tried turning the crank.

I think there are at least 2 carbs, 2 or 3 fuel pumps and brackets for si alternators along with military alternators. At least 3 transmissions bolted to the engines. Maybe 4. I haven't looked in a while.

snowtrac nome

also most jeep motors use a ford input spline and bell housing, the only thing you would likely have to change is the pilot bering to bolt up a ford engine to it