• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Jacksonville Florida

zettek95

Hello I am a new member. I've thought about joining for while, but just finally did today. I am a member of The Military Museum of North Florida and have participated in the restoration of a M-211, M-37, and now working on a M-35a2. If anyone is interested in the museum our website is http://mmnf.org.

Thanks,
Mark Z.

Another Ahab

Hey Jacksonville, welcome to you from up here in the grand Old State of Virginia.

Loving the website of the Museum, good looking site.

What's the story on the Deuce, is it yours? Or maybe a restoration for the Museum?

We all like to know what you're up to, so please throw us a few bones with details...

Last edited:

zettek95

All three vehicles I mentioned belong to members of my family, the vehicles are on display at The Military Museum of North Florida. From what I recall the M-211 was in New Mexico for most of its life. It went to Korea. Still has tires dated 1952. Only thing left to do on it is to fix the hi-lo. At the moment it is stuck in low range. I will probably be fixing this in the coming month. The M-37 from the cab forward has been completely restored, it also has a WWII straight six.

Another Ahab

Can you post a few pictures up here of the vehicles?

It helps to see what you're talking about, and we ARE interested.

Last edited:

zettek95

The M-37 and the M-35 are driven on the road regularly. The M-211's hi-lo switch needs to be fixed (i.e. it is stuck in low range), but in the low range it runs like a champ. Below is a picture of its engine from six months ago while it was being restored. I have also included a link of the first time we drove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJyvcZhBF1c

Picture026s.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

View attachment 465238

Shot of that block on the M-211 is sweet.

It brings to mind the 318 on my old Dodge Power Wagon:

- You could camp out in the engine compartment (plenty of room to work in), when the hood was open, and
- everything under that hood was no-nonsense, clean and simple.

It was just working iron and a few belts. Zen.

Last edited:

Scrounge41

Welcome from way down in St. Augustine. I haven't been in the museum in a while. I took my favorite WWII vet to the national museum in NOLA earlier this year and we stopped by the museum at Blanding on the way back through. Need to find the time to come over to GC. Your work looks good. Randy.

zettek95

Just to clarify, the museum I referred to earlier is located on the former site of NAS Greencove Springs (i.e. Reynolds Industrial Park), it has a L.A.R.C. in front of it . It is not the museum located at Camp Blanding.

SignalNco

Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I am fairly new here myself, working on a newly aquired M35A2C. Nice looking stuff you have down there. I drive a friends M-37 when he needs an extra driver, I love driving that old truck. Hope to see some pics of your M35A2.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Mark and what was there too think about we don't bite as hard as the girls over at Pirate 4X4. Yes I have stoped by the Museum.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks