• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 Deuce Bed Install

1985mustanggt50

Last pic is where the bed was sat when I picked it up. It looked alot easier to raise the bed over the tcase instead of notching it. Added 2 2x4s on each side to raise it up. Ended up cutting the stack just under the cab and removing the bracket. The bed was pretty simple once everything was out of the way, I welded some 3x3x1/4 angle to the bed for new brackets and bolted everything down with new grade 8 hardware. I ran the exhaust straight out the back for now ( until I find a suitable 90 to either dump down or to the side ). Welded up a few hangers under the bed and buttoned everything up. Even re-used the factory heat shield. Theres about 6" between the shield and tire, after I drove around for about 30 mins I could still touch the heat shield.

Will post a few more pics as soon as I get some time to get the bed painted ( weather permitting, I wanted to do it tomorrow )

Attachments

Last edited:
Lookin good! I can't decide, if I want to put a deuce bed on this other truck or if I want to bob it... I think I told you the guy backed out on it, I think his wife put the smackdown on him...

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. Do you worrie about the bed walking a little sideways if the bolts get loose. The way it is now looks like the bed could shift a bit with that large of a gap on the hold down. I might have extended the last two angle iron bracketts all the way down to rest on the angle that is mounted to the frame. Then put the spring between the front to take up twist on the frame just like it was on the Deuce frame.

Attachments

Last edited:

1985mustanggt50

The front actually sits inside of the bracket that raises up over the tcase. It is almost a perfect fit. I forgot to post pics but on the inside of the bed at the rear I welded in 2 pieces of flat bar straight down to keep the bed centered. I am thinking of adding one more on each outside just past your rear most red line just past the angle bolted on the frame.

Tornadogt, after my M54, I dont think I could own another straight piped truck at the cab, LOL. The stack was cut off after this pic just above the cab. Its so nice being able to hold a conversation finally.

026.jpg

Tornadogt

The front actually sits inside of the bracket that raises up over the tcase. It is almost a perfect fit. I forgot to post pics but on the inside of the bed at the rear I welded in 2 pieces of flat bar straight down to keep the bed centered. I am thinking of adding one more on each outside just past your rear most red line just past the angle bolted on the frame.

Tornadogt, after my M54, I dont think I could own another straight piped truck at the cab, LOL. The stack was cut off after this pic just above the cab. Its so nice being able to hold a conversation finally.

View attachment 469079
Also a Well Built truck.... Your right on not having much of a Conversation with straight a pipe, mostly you scream at each other and use hand signals but smiles all around (at least for the first 20 mins or so)..

Did running the exhaust out the back make it a lot quieter than behind the cab? I might be tempted to move the bed forward on my M925 and ditch the stack and tire carrier.

I wish deuce beds were easier to find in good shape, M105's are just so much easier to find in good shape for cheap.

1985mustanggt50

Very true, but it looks so good. I may end up with a stack eventually ( depending on fumes in the cab ) But will likely go with a 5" straight through muffler and aussie cut 5" tip

1985mustanggt50

Yes its pretty quiet, most of the noise is motor related. Tomorrow I'll be rhino lining the bed and starting to strip the interior. Not sure whether I want to rhino line the floor or just paint it. But I will be dynomatting either way to try and cut the noise down more.

Why not just shorten the 5-ton bed?
After looking at it, if I were to do anything to my 925 moving the bed forward would not be worth the time/effort. I guess doing a crew cab or extended cab would make more sense. The m932 I have I want to either Bob it with a m105 bed, or leave it 6x6 with a deuce bed. I bought a pristine deuce bed (for a pristine price) but not sure I want to use it on the m932 when I have a nice condition m105 I paid less for.

spicergear

I have a 12' dropside bed on my M931A2 behind the knuckleboom. Pretty happy with the fit, a little more overhang, but really not that bad...about the same distance a deuce bed is behind the rear tires. I have it hinged and a cylinder mounted, just need to get a power beyond valve to mount. Meantime I can lift it with the k-boom if needed. The 5 ton dropside has the front section that varies from the deuce beds even though the folding sides are the same length. Also- very happy with having a full 12' for all logs I can grab with the grapple I built on the end of the knuckleboom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks