• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ø 1-½" Wheel Cylinders

Clay James

I took it for a test drive yesterday and I like these wheel cylinders. It takes noticeably less effort on the pedal to stop, but part of that I'm sure is having a better pedal than before. I didn't apply them too hard yet since the interior of the box has a lot of loose stuff that would go flying. When I get things buttoned up I'll really test them out. Now to go dual circuit and I'll have some very good brakes!

brianp454

Thanks guys for the info. I ordered a pair of Dorman w37317 to put on the front of my truck. I'll stick with the stock (sized, will install new on both rears because my fronts were terribly pitted inside) ones for the rear. I'll also stick with the single circuit system and have a new MC and air pac to install.

Welder1

I didn't believe the price so I went and looked sure enough $6.82. I bought the last 6 at that price. I am not sure what I will do with them but at that price there is little to lose.

peashooter

Interesting. Since the pins are not shown in the A3-parts manual one would assume that they are exactly the same, for all M44-series trucks...?
The ones I have are all from the early times, up to the 70's A2-series, and they all measure 43.5 - 44.0 mm, from inside the slot to the rounded tip.
Someone needs to measure the length of the A3 pins and post up.

G.
Has (or can) anyone with an A3 truck measured the front wheel cylinder link pin lengths? I’m still curious what the factory A3 link pin lengths were compared to the A2 trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks