• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 estimated fuel mileage?

5tonman1971

Well I may have just won a m923a2 with the 6atc 8.3l cummins and I was just wondering what the fuel mileage is like on these trucks. If I win it (fingers crossed) I'll have 550 mile drive ahead of me. New castle Delaware to Cairo, Ohio.

Also if anyone is along the way and could possible give me a hand if needed that would be great aswell.

wish me luck guys!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think with a M923a2 you will see about 7-10mpg going around 55mph with out any payload or to many big hills.
My m923A1 gets about 7-8mpg and I am thinking the A2's get a little better mpg.

Have a safe trip and be sure to do all the safety checks and check all the fluids.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When people ask me what kind of fuel mileage I get with any of the trucks I change the subject so I don't have to think about it. Maybe you will get lucky and have the first full tank on Uncle.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When people ask me what kind of fuel mileage I get with any of the trucks I change the subject so I don't have to think about it. Maybe you will get lucky and have the first full tank on Uncle.
+1

Even on the best day the MPG will suck. I look at it as the cost of doing business. With that in mind, I'm already stocking up on discounted gas cards when Publix has them $10 off. I saved $80 last year using them going to the GA Rally. [thumbzup]

RustyM923

8 to 10mpg is about average. If you can keep it it 50, you'll probably see 11 or 12 mpg.

Think of it this way:
The truck weighs 32,000 lbs (at GVWR) and gets 9 mpg. (288,000 lb/miles per gallon of fuel)
A Prius weighs about 3,900 (at GVWR) and gets 55 mpg. (214,500 lb/miles per gallon of fuel)

It's more efficient than a Prius!

crasheej

The way I look at the mileage is when you need fuel is fill it and for get it. You need the fuel to get from one point to the next. If you want fuel mileage is to get something else.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW all the MPG numbers you guys are giving are sure a fair bit better than my 925A1 gets and that is on its BEST day!
KK

RustyM923

WOW all the MPG numbers you guys are giving are sure a fair bit better than my 925A1 gets and that is on its BEST day!
KK
You have the NHC250 (non turbo). It's size and design are less efficient. If you look at the TM (TM 9-2320-272-10, page 1-22) , you'll see that the M939 and M939A1 (which you have) are listed at 3 to 4 mpg. The M939A2, with it's 8.3 Liter turbo engine, is listed at 5.5 to 6 mpg. These are likely cross country numbers, not highway.

Based on this info, I'd imagine you get about 5.2 to 6.6 mpg, correct? (66% of the A2's 8 to 10 mpg)

It's like non-science!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RustyM923 said:
It's like non-science
Would it not be non-math? lol and should we discount 1to2% because of the Krappy fuel we get now and the better fuel when the trucks/ figures were put out? Just kidding so don't get mad it's early morning and after three days of rain I see the Sun and get to play with MV's Cheer up all as miliage may verry.

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyM923

RustyM923 said:
It's like non-science
Would it not be non-math? lol and should we discount 1to2% because of the Krappy fuel we get now and the better fuel when the trucks/ figures were put out? Just kidding so don't get mad it's early morning and after three days of rain I see the Sun and get to play with MV's Cheer up all as miliage may verry.
I'm not afraid of sharks, especially when I'm hiking.

Last edited by a moderator:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If I was you, I would be HAPYY with WHAT EVER mpg you get, as long as you DO NOT own a wrecker, my m819 (loaded or empty) gets a touch over 3 mpg, though fiying through the air increases the mpg dramatically.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I was you, I would be HAPY with WHAT EVER mpg you get, as long as you DO NOT own a wrecker, my m819 (loaded or empty) gets a touch over 3 mpg, though fiying through the air increases the mpg dramatically.
LOL, My M936 gets about 4-5mpg on a good day.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Buying an MV for fuel mileage is like eating chocolate cake to lose weight. A vehicle with the aerodynamics of a concrete block is never going to be a fuel sipper. My O-ring puckers up every time I pump fuel into the M927 but dayum she looks good going down the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks