• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1975 w200

sammy87

I read an older post that only 76 and 77s were m880's what would a 1975 crew cab w200 be?

no vin on top of the dash must of been pre location. nomenclature list manufacturers number the 6th digit is a 5
ex air force if that makes a difference.

Al Harvey

There were many different vehicles purchased and used by the military that did not get military modifications. I know of many Ford pickups that were bought for the military and they had a military data plate on them, probably just like the dodge you are asking about. Even in the late 80s the military was still using chevrolets, but they did not get the "military upgrades" like 24v systems. This is why they don't have a M number. Basically they are just a civilian vehicle with a military data plate on them. Another example would be the 80s G30 vans. I don't believe any of these fall under the "CUCV" program, as the CUCVs were delivered to the military with required modifications i.e. 24V system. Hopefully this answers your question.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am pretty sure every crewcab Dodge ever built was bought by the USAF. They aren't a tactical "M series" vehicle like Al Harvey said. They're simply W200s bought by the Air Force.

N1265

The Navy also had them at Pear Harbor in the early '80s. They were white with " motor pool made " bench troop seats and a sun shade made of black iron pipe and white canvas. some also had the tail gates removed and a step welded to the bottom of the rear bumper. I should have a picture of one around here somewhere...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks