• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

87 Unimog U1300L

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Guys it seems that I have out grown my 404.1, I found this 87 U1300L for what I considered to be a reasonable price based upon its condition and did the deal. The truck is Ex-German Army and has a OM366A turbocharged 6 cylinder Diesel engine, it has the fast ratio axles. Befor it was released from the German Army they gave it a whole new paint job and (the best part) a new engine and transmission. The truck itself has 32K Km on it and the engine, trans, and tires have 1600 Km on them. In my searching about for this truck I looked at a few of them and in my eyes this seemed to be the best deal out there. I am heading out next month to recover the vehicle, a 3400 mile recovery! My 404.1 will be posted in the classifieds tomorrow.
Thanks
KK

Driver floor.jpg
Front.jpg
Rear.jpg
Side.jpg

Carlo

Hi Karl. Congratulations on the 1300. I have had 2 of these a few years back. Are you sure it's a turbo motor? Mine were non turbo with no reductions (low range) like the civil unimog.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bob, I hope you realize its your fault that these pics are in here! Carlo the guy I bought the truck from is a very reputable guy and I think he knows Unimogs pretty darned good, in the pics I cannot see a turbo charger but since he told me it was that is what I am going with, its funny though you are the second person to ask me about this. Guess I will know for sure when I go to pick it up!
Thanks Guys
KK

roadkill150

Congratulations! You are going to be in a whole new league now with the 1300, both on comfort, size, and spending serious $$ now for repairs. I had the chance a bit ago to pick up a turbo'd ex Bundeswerh rig at 25k, then found a turbo'd u1250 for 17k.. and decided at the last minute that i needed a Viper instead.. ;) Have a blast with your roadtrip!

Carlo

Thanks Bob, I hope you realize its your fault that these pics are in here! Carlo the guy I bought the truck from is a very reputable guy and I think he knows Unimogs pretty darned good, in the pics I cannot see a turbo charger but since he told me it was that is what I am going with, its funny though you are the second person to ask me about this. Guess I will know for sure when I go to pick it up!
Thanks Guys
KK
hey Karl. Don't get me wrong the non turbo motor is a stump puller and unlike the turbo motor it's hard to make it over heat. What year is it? That would help.

Mercunimog404

Banned
Congratulations! You are going to be in a whole new league now with the 1300, both on comfort, size, and spending serious $$ now for repairs. I had the chance a bit ago to pick up a turbo'd ex Bundeswerh rig at 25k, then found a turbo'd u1250 for 17k.. and decided at the last minute that i needed a Viper instead.. ;) Have a blast with your roadtrip!
Good thing they don't break that often :)

tuff-truck-guy

man thats a beautiful truck! I really want a mog 2 thats more than likley going to be my next big purchase.. I have a m 1017a, havent got to do much to it yet lol its been home like 3 days but I've fell in love with the mercedes rigs !!! happy trails man:goodjob:

saddamsnightmare

February 24th, 2014.

Karl:

Some people have all the luck! I am glad that you were able to find a U1300L! I would almost sell my firstborn (if I had one) to get my mitts on one of those.

Happy Motoring!