• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Hydraulic pump

Br0nc0xrapt0r

Hello all, I am still getting used to this site and all the info on here and searching so I hope I am not beating a dead horse. My question is do non winch trucks still have the pto box? If they do has anyone hooked up a hydraulic pump to it for winches and other hydraulic accesories? The truck I am getting does not have a winch and I am weighing in on what to do, find a winch or hook up a pump and get a Hyd winch and be able to run other stuff like log splitters and snow plows.

Thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Look under the truck at the transmission. I would say MOST don't come with the pto, but 1 in a million might.

Sephirothq

You would need to buy a PTO and bolt it to the transmission. The place is there to put a PTO on every transmission. YOu just need to buy the PTO and bolt it on. Easy

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One issue with a PTO driven hydraulic pump is that you will not have live hydraulics which would be much more useful for a plow.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes.

A search through the TMs for PTO, might help familiarize yourself.

Br0nc0xrapt0r

Nice! I think I'll do both then so I can use a stock PTO winch and have the hydraulic pump for running splitters and such. I just printed off the TM. I am thinking of printing all of the TM's and keeping them in the truck.