• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from North Florida

FloridaAKM

Like a kid in the candy store with only a nickel, I was invited to view a collection of green iron that just left me speechless today! Gotta go home & search the cushions for more nickels! [thumbzup]

FloridaAKM

Seems like the collection that I was invited to view might not be losing a piece of it to come home with me. The owner is working to get everything in order before offering for sale, unlike a car dealer who sells you a vehicle; only to have it break down a few miles down the road........then tell you, "You bought it, now its yours to fix on your dime."

I am taking the advise of the members of Steel Soldiers & working on buying from a member, rather than go in blindly & reap the benefits of a used car dealer type. Thanks for your advise & it is well taken, now & in the future. Too bad, I didn't listen to my Father more when I was younger, his words still ring so true now!

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I went to look @ another truck this afternoon that a coworker kept telling me I needed to go take a look @. It was in Interlachen @ a roadside sales lot for everything. Beautiful truck, but it was a 1988 5 ton in sand color, 741 miles, very good to excellant tires & so on. @ half the price, it might be worth a go @ a CDL, but the guy wanted $12,500.00 for it firm. With what I keep hearing about how hard a CDL (even a class "B") is to get, I probably should buy a plane & get a pilots license instead.

There are pictures of the truck, but here again; they are in my phone & I can't post them.

FloridaAKM

Spent three hours this afternoon looking for a couple of military trucks @ this guys farm on highway xx on advice from a fellow coworker. Nonexistant in my book this time unfortunately, or a snipe hunt that someone is laughing about......... Maybe its time to go back on the roof work on the house, or refinishing guns or flying R/C helis & quadrotors. Finding a MV seems like, the harder you look, the fewer there are & get more expensive as time goes on!

jbayer

Spent three hours this afternoon looking for a couple of military trucks @ this guys farm on highway xx on advice from a fellow coworker. Nonexistant in my book this time unfortunately, or a snipe hunt that someone is laughing about......... Maybe its time to go back on the roof work on the house, or refinishing guns or flying R/C helis & quadrotors. Finding a MV seems like, the harder you look, the fewer there are & get more expensive as time goes on!
It's like that with everything, when you don't need or want it, there everywhere.
Then when you do, there's none.
Be patient, there out there.

FloridaAKM

I have found the perfect Deuce for me, but it is in Thomasville, NC......500+ miles away. Recovery of this is not seeming to work in my favor unfortunately! Got any ideas guys.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Eagerly awaiting info on the Duece in NC as to whether to buy & do the long distance recovery,.............or not. I hate waiting on something I really want bad, gotta work on that one.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Florida welcome from North Dakota, the truck you posted pics of looks a little rough to me for 6K or that better be a really nice trailer? In my opinion I would keep looking and talking to folks on this site, I was looking in the classifieds last night and there was a pretty nice looking Deuce and the guy was asking 4K for it. I know that being close is worth something BUT buying a very decent truck is definitely worth a little driving also. In looking at the truck you posted pics of I take it that your in Florida, at least based on the level of corrosion under the hood of that truck, remember with corrosion on the exposed metal parts that was on that truck my first thought would be just how much corrosion is there that I am NOT seeing? If the truck was NICE I think 6K is approaching the top of the scale, in the condition that one is in at a 3K truck to me at the most, partly because of that level of corrosion, it leaves to many unknowns!
Good luck and keep hunting!
KK

FloridaAKM

Thanks guys, I'm still looking as the last truck I looked @ didn't work out. I would like to give a big thank you to one of our members, Floridianson, for previewing & driving the truck since he was headed that way on other business. Never would I have thought that, there was a group of guys on an internet forum, that was so willing to help each other as well as total strangers to move forward, the ownership, maintenance & camradrie of the Green Iron Disease. What a great group of people who still know what what being a man of your word is all about, in a world where anything goes in way too many places.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks