• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteryminder OR Solargizer?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been working out of country on a 2 month on and 1 month off schedule. When I got home last time, I found the CUCV dead and the deuce turning over very slow. I have been looking at battery charger/maintainer/desulphater and have decided on either the Batteryminder OR the solargizer.

Questions and comments welcome!

Which one you guys use and why?

Last edited:

hklvette

I had a solargizer on the M35A2 that I had, which was great until the solar panel died. I switched it over to a trimable 24V, 50W (2A limit) power supply to do the same job. Much more reliable, but it means you have to remember to unplug it before you leave.

rkxswat

Been using a 24v Battery Tender on a M113 for the last 4 years. Fires up every time. Got it at my local battery dealer, under $100. Just checked Amazon, $70

Last edited:

ntxcop

I really think there are two things to look at. First, whether or not you have electricity where you park your vehicle, and second, if you're going to need extra power drops for your vehicle. If you're strictly using it to keep the batteries charged, having a battery tender would probably be the better option (provided you have electricity readily available). I have to park my Deuce outside at an aviation museum, where I don't have access to electricity for a battery tender, so my only option is a Solargizer. Luckily, I have one of the newer models with that large solar panel that comes with eight 24V leads and four 12V leads to plug extra electrical items into. The Solargizer has the different drop points to add extra electrical items to your vehicle and keep the battery drain in sync between both batteries, so if you're looking to put some extra gadgets in your vehicle, the Solargizer would probably be the way to go, it allows for extra gadgets to be installed in your vehicle PLUS trickle charges the batteries when the vehicle is not in use.

My 2cents!

Sephirothq

but a solarziger will not help a weak or dead battery htey will just keep good ones fresh.

If yo uhave access to power go with the battery minder you will not be sorry. And it might help bring the batteries back to life a little bit.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its not only the solargizer that will NOT help a DEAD battery the battery tender will also DO NOTHING to help a totally discharged battery! Like was said before they both work GREAT at keeping a charged battery charged, they cannot resurrect the dead.
KK

Sephirothq

I have brought dead batteries back with a batteryminder. That is the name of the box batteryminder. And no i don't represent or receive any funding from them.

Smokinyoda

I have brought dead batteries back with a batteryminder. That is the name of the box batteryminder. And no i don't represent or receive any funding from them.
I have also brought a couple of 6tl's back to life with a Batteryminder. It's a charger, maintainer, and desulfator all in one. If you have power I definitely recommend using one. If no power the newer solargizers with the large solar panel would be my 2nd choice.
[h=1][/h]

plym49

I went six months with nothing - just the truck sitting. Started perfectly; could not tell it had been sitting.

Another 6 months with a Solargizer. Again, perfect.

Again, with 24v battery tender. Perfect.

This time trying both Solargizer and Battery tender. I expect no discernable difference.

My batteries are three year old Walmart cheapos.

So, who knows?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies guys!

Looks like I will try both products.

Went online last night and got 2 of the Batteryminder 2012s. Now I gotta run some Lectricity to the steed (Deuce).
I will find some of the Solargizers for the CUCV and get them coming my way as well.

Anyone have a lead on a GOOD price on the Solargizers?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the replies guys!

Looks like I will try both products.

Went online last night and got 2 of the Batteryminder 2012s. Now I gotta run some Lectricity to the steed (Deuce).
I will find some of the Solargizers for the CUCV and get them coming my way as well.

Anyone have a lead on a GOOD price on the Solargizers?
I have the larger solar chargers for sale in the vendor's forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks