• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Door pins

wmr750

I need to replace the mirror brackets on mine. I don't currently have any on it. Hoe do I remove the poor pins? Is it as simply as driving them out with chiseler or screwdriver on the top button?

AceHigh

I got 2 sets out using the heat, PB Blaster, try to turn, hammer repeat all the above. They finally began moving and eventually came out. I drilled out the holes slightly and used new off-the -shelf bolts to replace them.

RAYZER

I got 2 sets out using the heat, PB Blaster, try to turn, hammer repeat all the above. They finally began moving and eventually came out. I drilled out the holes slightly and used new off-the -shelf bolts to replace them.
Yes,5/16 stainless bolt works well.

Jeepsinker

Yeah, you will most likely end up drilling at least one pin out. If you don't have to drill you can just replace the pins with 1/4" bolts, if you do have to drill then yes, upgrade to 5/16".

TMNT

Save yourself some trouble and just remove the hinges from the doors and from the truck by taking out the Philips head screws. That way you an chuck up the hinges in a heavy vise. You will probably be pounding on them much harder than you think and it's easier in a vise. Plus, you won't run the risk of damaging the door or truck body.

My door hinge pins were crazy difficult to remove. It took heat, hammers, and penetrating oil to get one out. I gave up on the other one after a 12-ton press couldn't budge it, and I drilled it out.

I used stainless shoulder bolts with a 5/16 shoulder and 1/4 x 24 or 28 threads and added flat washers at the points where surfaces rotated against each other. It's much better.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks