• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a & MEP-003a fuel pumps

rustystud

This is just a heads up for all us MEP-002a and MEP-003a owners. Check your fuel pumps ! I had not checked mine since I bought them over 5 years ago. After all they worked just fine, and I replace my fuel filters every year. Last weekend I thought it would be a good idea to take out the redundant pumps and store them away just in case, since new pumps cost about $150.00. After I pulled the first one off I decided to clean out the filter. WOW the rust I found ! In fact it would soon close up the inlet port. Now I use good fuel, but I don't have a filter from the tank (250 gallon) to the generators. So after finding rust in the one, I checked all the others. Again rust found. Cleaned them all up, and put them back into service. I'm now going to put a water/fuel filter inline from the tank.

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are all three fuel pumps the same p/n and can the aux pump (which I never use) be substituted for one of the other two? Thanks for your response

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, one other question, since all three fuel pumps are the same, why is the aux/prime pump louder than the prime pump when they are switched on? Thanks for a response.

jamawieb

Oh, one other question, since all three fuel pumps are the same, why is the aux/prime pump louder than the prime pump when they are switched on? Thanks for a response.
Because there is no fuel in the pump to prime. After its prime, it sounds the same as the others.