• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual voltage alt install

762NATO

Hey all, i am trying to put a dual voltage alternator in a M998 and am 100% stumped. The alternator is a niehoff n1505-1 ment for a 998A1/newer, came with a flat belt pulley but i have replaced it with a v-belt pulley from tractor supply. I read on here somebody made this work but couldnt find much info past that, and would love for anybody to help out. while running, using my power probe (both hooked across both batteries and across a single battery) i have 2.5v at the positive battery terminal on alt, 2.1v at terminal marked AC, 1.0v at terminal marked IGN, and between 2.9v-3.1v at terminal marked "+14v". I have four wires, one marked 424 that shows ground but is colored red and appears to be attached to the control box thru the firewall the same way a body ground would be mounted. One black wire marked "2A" that goes into the main harness. one thicker black wire labled 3B that goes into the harness. One wire with a female connection that reads "568A". And finally one thicker unlabled wire that shows 24V when vehicle is switched to "ON". I have checked the voltage of the alt. with all wires unhooked, as i have no idea where any go. can anybody give me a hand with this?

762NATO

Also i have a wire attatched to the top of my computer thru the firewall going from the wall to the old alt that i havent seen in anybody elses pics, is this just something weird the previous owner did? guy shouldve never owned a wrench...

Augi

Are you talking about the PCB box that is under the dash by the driver's left knee?

If the wire comes off of one of the mounting studs, then it's likely a ground strap to the alternator ground point.

Augi

762NATO

I figured, but the guy that had it ran with a red wire. He also used hot glue instead of RTV and filled one of the knuckle gearboxes with grease so you can see why im having such a headache

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks