• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The New Redneck workshop..

citizensoldier

Finished a liver transplant in the M109.. Old T case has a bearing going and howls like a chick at clinto's house. Could not hardly stand to listen or drive it anymore..
Swapped it out with a T case purchased from SS and mangus last year for a friend. They sold it to me I sold it to him and he sold it back to me..... That thing has some traveling miles on it.. :D :D
The replacement is so much nicer.. Thank you guys..
Now for the questions... Where can I buy some of the good reflectors both red and yellow? I dont want those cheap aftermarket ones. Ones with the good heavy rim..
I need a parking brake spring that holds it off the drum and hooks to the frame. Anybody have one.. Forgot to unhook it when letting the T case down and its about 4 times longer now. :lol: OOPs Only thing I trashed, so murphy must have been at Daves house today.
Last question.. How do you get those darn oil filters to seal!! Had them off twice and its leaking oil on my pretty engine!!! Any tricks to it?

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
OD Iron has the reflectors, and if they are like other things from him they should be the good stuff too. I plan to order a set with my next order too.

Opie

The reflector circle comes loose from the "O" frame holding it to the truck, so any circular reflector of the proper size may be used.

citizensoldier

good point Opie.. Some of the housings are very rusty but I might be able to save them and just put new reflectors in them. I picked some up on ebay last year for my M37. They were junk and did not look right to me. I prefer the old style that is completely round but cant find any of those new.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks like the trusty old 109 is ready for the trip to the Ga. Rally.....

beetle

oil filter seal

Before you put your new oil filters in ,reach up inside the top of your filter housing & make sure there are no o-rings or pieces stuck in there. Also do a good inspection with your finger tips or a mirror to make sure the o-ring seat is good. Clean everything super well & be careful to bolt the filter housing up as straight as possible. It's not always easy to get the new o-ring to seat.By the third oil change I had this part down pat.When I changed the filters the first time I found 2 old o-rings up inside my leaky rear filter.Good luck Beetle

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
RE: oil filter seal

use new seal rings, do not use 'o' rings, i have seen all kinds of things in there for seals. clean everything and it will not leak

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks