• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW vs. Pickup

FloridaAKM

Looks like both vehicles sustained a large amount of damage, hope everyone is okay after it all shakes out. Makes you wonder if a cell phone was involved in the truck, or just a distracted driver?

Will this affect MV's on the road there or is it just another traffic accident to all?

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driving a DUKW you cannot even see anything unless its over 20 ft in front of you so the driver prob. did not even see the truck coming at him. I hope everyone is OK and it all works out. I let a guy who was interested in buying my DUKW drive it a little and he almost ran over his own car if I would not have told him to stop he would have ran right over it. Eddy

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I think I would be a little overwrought by the situation. I think I'll take a brand new DUKW if you don't mind.

slantflat

Anybody seen anything else about this? All I can find is the initial article. I'd love to know what the investigation turned up. I know what I think happened, just wondered what the official word is.

saddamsnightmare

December 24th, 2014.

If the PU driver's at fault, his insurance company not going to like paying for the repair bill on the DUKW given what they go for, and you have to wonder if the DUKW suffered frame dame as well as hull damage. Do the DUKW operators have the seats in the bed fitted with seatbelts? The only way I can figure 13 injured in the DUKW is if the pick picked the DUKW's nose off the ground, then it bounced or dropped back down?

Given the way they drive around here (Springfield,IL) I wouldn't feel safe even in a V100 Commando!

Merry Christmas and keep us posted on what you here as further news.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks