• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

huge yard with hundreds? of mv's in Rolla Missourri

mhatfield

Anyone ever run across the large property full of old MV's on the west end of Rolla Missouri on highway 63?. I actually stopped by the old house and knocked a few years ago with no answer, but from my admittedly limited MV knowledge I saw 211's , a duck? what looked like a goat,, jeeps, trailers galore and something with tracks. plus tons of gear, accessories, mystery green vehicles, etc.

AMGeneral

All that stuff is owned by Mr Warren Dean,I have spoken with him several times years ago when I had the M553 GOER,it seems he has serial # 117(the last production one made) and his is complete and functional.

At the time he was in his early 80s(82 I think),I think he also owns a yard in Texas as well as 1 or 2 others.

mhatfield

I'm driving my deuce up again in a few weeks, and will try to post some pics from the road of all the cool goodies, but is the owner still live and kicking? does he deal? I think it extremely likely there are some gadgets and gizmo's my 67 kaiser are missing

wdbtchr

I was trying to get a hold of him about 10 or 12 years ago, left messages in his mailbox. The only sign of life I ever got was a hand drawn flyer for the Goer he had parked in front of the house, that came by mail but no phone #. He's been mentioned on the list from time to time but no idea if he is still alive or had family.

mhatfield

Well it's too bad the owner of the place seems to be content to let them sit and rot. Like I said, that entire property looks to be loaded with vehicles and other items that would appeal to MV collectors. A real goldmine, from the looks of it

jasonjc

There was another place like that is south west MO. The guy thought every thing was gold. He had gov rebuilt eng's but he took them out of the can and dumped them on the ground and left them laying in the mud and thought they were still worth $2-3000. He got sick and had scraper come haul it all off.

Whiterabbit

Don't feel bad, there's a similar problem down here in Ga., I'm watching a field of jeeps n trailers rotting away.
Old man won't sell anything. SAD.

Jeepsinker

Sometimes the reason that these fellas won't sell anything is because it is easier for them to just let things rot than to deal with making the sale and standing around to make sure nothing gets damaged or stolen during loading. I find that if you show up with a good loading and towing apparatus and can be self sufficient enough tha you don't have to ask the owner to help you load things, they can normally be pursuaded to sell. Some just can't be convinced in any way. Each have their own reasons.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Sometimes the reason that these fellas won't sell anything is because it is easier for them to just let things rot than to deal with making the sale and standing around to make sure nothing gets damaged or stolen during loading. I find that if you show up with a good loading and towing apparatus and can be self sufficient enough tha you don't have to ask the owner to help you load things, they can normally be pursuaded to sell. Some just can't be convinced in any way. Each have their own reasons.

Most of the time people don't want to sell things because there crazy.. ( AKA hoarders)

w3azel

Yes he is talking about Dean's place. I met him this weekend. I thought the place was abondoned but Dean is just really up in his years and you have to scream for him to hear you. I didn't get deep in prices but he has quit the collection of parts. Anyone know what the **** those huge alluminum tube and caps are. Im talking 40' long halfs that would make 3'-4' diameter tubes. Then there are stacks of caps all over. I was a kid in a candy store running to and from all the cool trucks. I had flip flops and shorts so I didnt dig to deep but as soon as I get my truck retagged Ill drive up again and dig in some more.

Last edited:

datadawg

Post up some pix!! If the old man is in such advanced age, it may be a matter of time before he passes on and tbe horde falls to the heirs or tax lien buyer or some creditor.... so this may still have a happy ending.

Another Ahab

Post up some pix!! If the old man is in such advanced age, it may be a matter of time before he passes on and tbe horde falls to the heirs or tax lien buyer or some creditor.... so this may still have a happy ending.
Please, show us "some"...

Picture please.jpg

Last edited:

profo

That's warren dean talking to him a few years ago the aluminum tubes you saw were fuel tanks for a bomber he bought them cut them in half so he could transport them he was going to make them into pontoons for houseboats he was going to make and put on the lake of the oz arks really incentric guy but good Luck trying to buy something because once he's says he going to sell for a price when you go to pay him he goes up on the price he owns pretty much all the shopping centers on Rolla it's ashame cause his house is falling down on him.

profo

Also if you go south down that road and look real good on the left he has another yard with a bunch old tracked equiptment I think they are called fast tracked loaders from WWII.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks