• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who knows a replacement transistor Q2 for GP module 12034592

DaanNL

I see everybody talking about replacing these modules but nobody talks about repairing them? The transistor on this module is clearly broken, but I can't find it anywhere.
The IC is probably a LM339 but who knows what the "h274 419" is?

Thanks!

Attachments

mangus580

RE: Who knows a replacement transistor Q2 for GP module 1203

*** Moved to CUCV forum....

I have located them before for another forum member. They are really cheap, and if you know how, really easy to replace. Most CUCV Glow Plug Controller issues can be resolved with this transistor.

CCATLETT1984

RE: Who knows a replacement transistor Q2 for GP module 1203

I still have a few extra of them at home, will get the Part# for you. they were 70cents each iirc.

and yes just desolder remove and solder the new one on.

DaanNL

Perfect! It seems to be that the 2N6388 is very common and easy obtainable.
The BD647 should be the equivalent transistor, I will try the first one I can buy.

Thanks again! :D

niferous

So who can tell me if the item in the first picture (the comparator) is programable or if you are just taking the old one off and putting the new one on? On the transistor are you also doing the same? My PCB guy said he is ok with just putting these on the board and going with it but he is not totally sure these are just supposed to be sodered on to the board as is.

Attachments

Stihl029

Well judging by the spec sheet when you look at the part it is not programmable. so just slap that sucker in there and don't use too much heat when soldering it.
:-D

143SE8

Check Radio Shack online, they have more stuff. Also the mall stores don't have much in the way of parts, but some of the free standing stores still have some parts. Jim, N0EYZ

bigbossi

Hi,

sorry for bringing this thread back to life, but it fits exactly to my case.

Yesterday, till now have not found the reason, it killed my glow plug controller board. To be more precise the Diode named Z4. This one is located right at the bottom of the big transistor D44E3 datasheet, D44E3 datasheets, D44E3 datenblatt, D44E3 manual, D44E3 data sheets, D44E3 pdf - ALLDATASHEET.COM , which operates the glow plug relay.

The pic of the first posting show an empty space for Z4, my board has a component there. unfortunately i cannot read anything from it now.
Also the resistor R27 was grilled, but i still can read the marks.

Could someone tell me the details of Z4?

I might have to check the glow plug relay for proper operation, because Z4 seems to be there to protect the circuit from the current peaks when opening the relay. Any other ideas?

@niferous
By the way, on my board is a Phillips comparator Type AU2901N. Seems to be same thing as the LM129AJ, footprint is identical. AU2901N datasheet pdf datenblatt - NXP Semiconductors - Quad voltage comparator ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

best regards

Marcel

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

You guys in the parts world with request for information should give real part numbers in the tech manuals. You would get a much broader range of information from other members.

No one wants to have to dig up tech manuals they don't have, look up referenced symbols, fetch part number and/or NSN, just to get started to try to help you out.

Once part number is given, no one really need know t he application, end item, or any other information. From there, they can give you the infor you want like cross referenced part number, suitable sub, perhaps a beefier replacement part, source of supply, etc.

No one looks up a part by Z4 or Q2 unless they are the end user. So try to help out those trying to help you and give them the real part number from out of the Tech manuals and cut that end of their research off for them.

bigbossi

Hi 3dAngus,

the partnumer of this circut board was given by the creator of this thread. So did not mentioned it again. I have almost all docs for the CUCV, but no where in this is a description of each and every component of the circut board.
They just mention it as complete assy with partnumber 12034592.

All i can add is this: a search on iso-group.com gives NSN:2920012197842

But either the partnumber nor the NSN revaled a detailed list of components of this board, that is what i need.

Since other people answered this post, and all did quite well know the circut board. I was hoping to get an answer from them, or someone who has the glow plug controller board handy and could tell me the requested details.

best regards
Marcel

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The diode that burned up is a 24 volt zener. It is not a relay spike suppression diode.
When it goes the switching transistor usually goes as well.
Karl

Autocar

LM339 is a quad voltage comparator. No programming needed. The voltage levels for comparisons are set by the hardware(resistor networks). Unsolder and solder new one in. Make sure you use low wattage(25 watt max) solder iron and minimal amount of heat to solder. Also make sure you use resin core solder only(not acid core or flux). The zener diode protects the transistor from voltage spikes when the transistor turns off. If one or the other of the parts has failed, make sure you replace both parts otherwise it will die again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks