• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

RAYZER

Yes, I think there were several on the subject. Spin-ons help a good deal, but a pre lube system would be best. Just have to weigh the pro's and con's. I felt for my application, the filter conversion would be acceptable.
With the spin on conversation you have a choice of two styles of filters, one style filter with anti drain back valve and the other without, to have instant oil pressure on start up the anti drain back style must be used.

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the spin on conversation you have a choice of two styles of filters, one style filter with check valve and the other without, to have instant oil pressure on start up the check valve style must be used.
That is true Ray. I used the check valve type. Seems to work well.

rustystud

Wasn't there a long running thread on pre oiling systems and pumps for them? And wasn't the need for them negated almost completely with the advent of spin on oil filter conversions?
Yes your right Jeepsinker. After the filter kits came on board there was no reason for all that time and money spent on preoilers.
Quadjeeper, your truck is looking great ! Keep up the good work !

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Along the way, I picked up a 105 with a 250 shelter. I plan to use this as my "closet" for the 109, as storage will be at a premium. I pulled the shelter out so I could Herculine the inside of the 105 bed. Then I painted all of it to match the 109. I checked the fit of 11:00x20 XL's, works fine. Need to get some for the trailer now to match the truck.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of good work.

Did the engine bay insulation make a big difference with noise and heat? What material did you use?
Thanks red. Insulation really has helped with the noise, and it isn't even finished yet. Hard to tell with the heat, I think these trucks are hot even without the engine running! I used Dynamat rubber/foam liner in the cab, and hoodliner foam/foil in the engine compartment.

red

Good to hear on the noise level. Have you thought about repainting those areas using the insulating "micro beads" underneath the mats?

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M109 under going a head gasket change that hopefully will be finished on Monday or Tuesday. I hope to soon start redoing the box into camper as well. You have to love Razer to getting people hook on the camper lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks