• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

KaiserM109

Your work encourages me. I have a Saganaw box off of a 1 ton Ford. Mine mounts on the inside, like the original.

Did I miss something? I didn't see where you were going to mount the pump.

Edit: Let me amend that question (after I went back through the photos) Where can I get just the pump?

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your work encourages me. I have a Saganaw box off of a 1 ton Ford. Mine mounts on the inside, like the original.

Did I miss something? I didn't see where you were going to mount the pump.

Edit: Let me amend that question (after I went back through the photos) Where can I get just the pump?
Inside box mount would give you more tire clearance but might interfere with the IP. From what I've been told, it's a regular 5 ton pump.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That 2 inch receiver, where did you get that? Or was it home made? If you bought it retail what was the part number?
It actually is for a front winch on my '03 Yukon. Didn't need a winch on it, so took it off. Few years later got the 109, fits it well. Need to add more bolts. Just on with two as a test fit.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few snaps of my side flood and chassis flood lamps. Just some inexpensive 24v LED units. Have one on each end and two in the middle underneath for road side repairs and or if I get stuck on a log or something. Also have one over the spare tire and the fuel tank to aid in backing. one pic is of my remote wet air tank drain. I really like that add on. I installed an amber turn lamp on both front inner bumper ends for lane changing signalling. Just some cheap generic lamps. Also created a low buck emergency air cut off in case of a run away. Can't be used while driving, but good for a starting issue. Made a quick release for the intake mushroom, and have a piece of plywood chained near the air intake. I blocked off the fording vent on the rear of the filter housing. I can have the mushroom off and the wood in place in 4 seconds. With the engine rev'ed to around 2k I was able to drop the RPM down to 200. At that speed you can just stall it with the clutch. Sure smokes a lot though when doing that.

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the light under the frame too Scott. You still need some of those neon lights like the rice cars have though! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks