• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Water Pooling Prevention

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a while ago I read about different methods folks used to help prevent water pooling on their cargo cover in between the bows on their trailer, and one fellow posted a picture of what the military suggested (which I can't seem to find...). But anyway, it was to place a piece of wood on top and center of the bows to "tent" the cover.

Long story short, the military's method was SUPER easy, cheap, and very effective!

So I bought a 10' 2x4 (less than $5.00), cut to 107.5" (front of front bow to rear of rear bow in length), and then cut notches slightly wider than the 1.5" bows to about a ~3/8" depth at either end and 3 more spaced 25" in between for the other 3 bows. I then cleaned out the notches with a chisel. Finally used my belt sander to round the ends and a smooth finish sand with the orbital. Boom, done.

It's working perfectly, and I'm sure this is a great solution on many other trailers or similar applications.

Maybe when it's not raining I'll paint it green. :mrgreen:

Attachments

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Good job on an inexpensive upgrade that works. The M-1101 & M-1102 trailers have three metal plates that overlap, front to rear that does the same thing on the hoops; but for much more money guaranteed. Both systems work equally well.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I moved the trailer next to the house the other day during a respite between the rainstorms. I thought I'd share how little water now pools on top. The dirt marks allow you to see the old large pooling locations between the bows.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks