• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 M1009 6 lug Spindle Socket?

The Baron

I have a 1984 M1009. I really need to change my wheel bearings. The 1984s have that 6 lug spindle nut in it and I can't seem to find the right tool. I picked up a 6 lug socket, part number W1270, from O'Rielly's, however from what I can tell it's too big. I also looked up the tool listed in the TM, but that socket has only 5 teeth on it so I'm not sure if that's what I need. Does anyone know where I can get the right socket for this job? Also if you can, list the part number. Thanks.

The Baron

For anyone with a 1984 Blazer who has the six pin locknut, aside from taping it out and replacing it, your best bet is picking up a Kent Moore J34616 off of Ebay for 10 or so dollars. The six-lug sockets you find at most auto stores are way too big and won't work.

Last edited: